1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Introverts of the world, unite!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Invidia, Feb 15, 2016.

1. For me, it can be a bit hard to be an introvert that likes to put myself out there. That gives the image that I'm very social and such. Many don't understand that I'm not a party person and my own bubble with my laptop is my sanctuary.

I burn out easily during large social gatherings. I would arrive at 3 pm and leave at 8-9 pm while most others would stay until 11 pm. I avoid school dances like the plague. But maybe I'll go to the last dance of the year, since I'm a senior and all.

2. Awesome

In college in Massachusetts, from Pennsylvania
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Socializing is very daunting.

3. Weregild

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm more of an ISFP kind of introvert. Plus I'm probably neurotypical, which is why I have a hard time talking to people.

4. guitar

Yay, fellow introverts! :slight_smile:

I can turn on charm and be outgoing when I want/need to be, but I'm naturally somewhat shy. Most people when meeting me never know because I mask it well and years of being on stage has really helped that.

One thing that really helped me was going door-to-door canvassing with a friend who ran for local government here (in Canada, at the local level for city governments, there are no party affiliations, just individuals). That really helped to pull me out of my shell. But otherwise, in a big group, I tend to shy away. I like smaller groups.