1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intimidated by homophobic Street Preacher

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Beware Of You, Oct 12, 2014.

1. Beware Of You

So I am a gay guy, and I was walking to a bar where I was going to have some drinks with this rugby team I play with.
    Anyway since it was a LGBT rugby team I had a lgbt rights t-shirt on (its related to a local controvery involving a drag queen who exposed Catholic bias on the media, look up Pantigate) anyway the preacher saw this and then harrassed me on the street calling me a "sinner" and demanding that I repent, he was very confrontational and stuff. I was kinda shocked by it but this lady from the local group of secularists (they had a stand I guess to counter the preachers) asked me if I was alright which is nice I suppose.
    But its made me kinda scared to go shopping there on Saturdays since they are always there.
    Why can't they let me live and let live ? I never did anything against them

#1 Beware Of You, Oct 12, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2014
  2. AlamoCity

Just tell him he's a dumbass who, when he eventually passes away, will be six feet closer to his final home :lol:.

3. Blossom85

I'm sorry to hear you had this experience, it isn't fair when they can't just leave us alone when we are out and about, you should say back.. "Did I ask for you help?" Or "Did I ask for your opinion?"

4. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Every time I see one of those assholes I think "I really want to put on a yarmulke and start making out with a dude right in front of him"

5. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

where I live there's a motto for these assholes...a little explicit.

What do you think if you care about only your fucking business??

6. CyanChachki

I've never personally encountered a street preacher, where I live is pretty low key.. but I'm sure you can call the police for harassment? I get that it's freedom of speech but there's gotta be some kind of line drawn between that an illegal action..

7. ravenclaw

Out Status:
    All but family
    That's horrible. That's happened to me at school and depending on my mood, i either flip them off or hold up a peace sign, both as I'm walking away. I know that I might not have the courage to do this if I was actually in a situation like that but i would want to spit in front of their shoes and tell them to f*** off.

8. Ryujin

Does Ireland have discrimination and harassment laws?