1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Inadvertently back in the closet

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by bigeagle, Jun 27, 2020.

1. bigeagle

Hi guys,

Well.... I’m back!! I think it was 5-6 years ago when I first came across this website and I used it extensively for help and support. At the time I was going through the breakdown of my marriage - primarily due to my ‘sexuality confusion’ and my feeling that I was living a lie.

I ended up leaving my wife, on an amicable yet very emotional basis (yes I held huge amounts of guilt for her pain and distress) and told various people that I’d left her because I wasn’t straight.

I’ve decided to come back in here today (possibly inspired by Pride month) - I’ve not made much progress In terms of trying stuff with guys and seem to be back in the closet?! I need to take the next few steps... x

lavalamp likes this.
  2. DecentOne

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome back bigeagle.

EmptyClosets seems to be having difficulties, so I can’t go back and read your story in old postings. So I don’t understand what might be holding you back about making progress with guys - since your marriage is over, I’d think you’d have freedom (up to COVID shut downs) to do a little exploring. In general I’d say, move at your own pace. Take those next few steps as you are ready. But also realize that means overcoming fear and discomfort.