1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In two mind what to do

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Markieg64, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Markieg64

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi again help lol
    Just to say I am alright with you being on ec it' good you are trying to understand how your wife feels about here sexuality
    And also help others on here like me which I do appreciate.
    I also know were gets is coming from but if your doing no harm I don' see why you should not carry on I think your trying to do a good thing so don' t be put off just yet

2. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    HelpOL &Freda.....

Freda first.....I can see that having your husband "track you down" here on empty closets would be difficult. If you are not currently taking security precautions, please do so. Clear the history in your computer and start using private/incognito mode. Don't go online when he might walk in on you. Don't write down your user name or password. If you are doing these things you should be safe. Also....EC is a place not just for LGBT folks but can be an incredible resource for those who are questioning, for straight parents trying to understand their LGBT children and for that matter for straight folks who are in any kind of a relationship with someone who is LGBT or questioning. The idea is to help anyone who is dealing with LGBT+ issues...I know that it has been a tremendous help to me!

HelpOL....You are so welcome here! I am impressed that you are trying to understand what your wife is dealing with. If more spouses took the attitude that you have, many more marriages could be saved. Of course I am referring to situations in which both parties want to stay married. I do realize that, in most cases, one or both parties involved feel that separating is the best and often only solution.

I wish both of you the best of luck and Merry Christmas (Happy Holidays if you prefer!) .....David

3. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There is no good time to have the discussion. There will always be a “wedding”, “dinner”, ”Birthday”, “anniversary” or other family function than can be used as an impediment towards taking action. As you said, you need to find the curouge and make yourself vulnerable. Don’t create reasons not to do it and risk perpetually delaying the inevitable.

4. Markieg64

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there onthehighway I understand what your saying there will always be another excuse it'
    Just getting that courage to tell the wife
    Once I have told her it will get easier I spouse . I have thought about this really hard this weekend and I am going to try and tell her next weekend . Fingers crossed