1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm thinking about telling my therapist what she thinks of bisexuals...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by becKEY0011, Dec 11, 2017.

1. becKEY0011

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    She is very close to my mom too, so I'm afraid she'd tell about it all to my mom...and thus a disastrous dominoes game would start whose result I don't honestly wanna know yet. But I want an honest opinion. Is bisexuality a thing? Am I just faking? Are there other people like me whom she met? Sometimes...internet isn't enough, because internet isn't always reliable, it isn't real life. I just want answers.

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Bisexuality is most certainly legitimate. It's been well documented in studies over decades.

As for concerns with your mother: If your therapist is a competent professional, she would never share anything you tell her with your mother; confidentiality is one of the most important ethical values to which therapists are bound as part of their licensure. You may want to directly talk to her about this, and make it clear you expect her to honor the confidentiality standards of the profession.

Earthfae likes this.
  3. Lexa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, bisexuality definitely exists :slight_smile: .

Earthfae likes this.
  4. Glitters

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If it's possible to be attracted to women, then it's also possible to be attracted to men. If it's possible to be only attracted to one, it's possible to be attracted to both.

Sexualities. They are diverse. Even being "straight" can mean something different to different people. There are straight women who might be uncomfortable with even hugging another woman. But then there are also straight women who might sleep with a girl just for fun.
    With so many different people, and so many different levels of attraction, how could bisexuality not be legitimate?

Meeting bisexual people on the internet - it doesn't mean they are different from real life. Think about it yourself. You identify as bisexual, yeah? You're not just saying that here because this is the internet. It's how you feel in real life too. Other people are like that. They might say they're bisexual online - and it's easy to convince yourself it's not "real life" - but these people have real feelings, and they feel these things offline too.

beenthrdonetht likes this.
  5. Feelunique

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Bisexual is normal and a thing but I would be more worried about a therapist telling things to your mother because they know each other. That's a a major violation of doctor patient ethics and rights