1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm Thinking About Changing My Name But...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by witchybi, Oct 17, 2019.

1. witchybi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm not happy with the name I gave myself (which is Oakley) and I'm really wanting to change it. I've thought of a name that I liked (Link), but I want quickly shut down by my girlfriend because she didn't like them. I'm too nervous to tell her that I really like the name, and it really hurt my feelings when she would only accept it as a middle name. She realized that she hurt me, but is still telling me to choose one as a middle name. I'm on the phone with her now, and she's trying to help me "choose a first name."

I'm not a big fan of generic names like Alex, or Kevin, etc. I like unique names, ones that will make people remember me. How can I let my girlfriend know that I really want my name to be Link without any issues?

2. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's your name, but I understand your girlfriend's concerns considering a more 'unique' name. Have you thought of using Lincoln with the nickname Link?