1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

im scared to come out but im tired of being in

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by HelloAndGoodbye, Oct 19, 2017.

1. HelloAndGoodbye

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    yeah hi so i realized i was trans a little while ago (though i had my suspicions for months but thats unrelated) and i really want to be out so i can at least start feeling comfortable but im kinda scared to come out. i know my parents wont kick me out or anything, but thats not really the issue. i dont know my families views on this kind of thing (keep in mind, im still in high school so i dont have any kind of independence). ive only ever heard my mom say one thing about it, and that was that she didnt understand it and that she thought it was weird, so im not gonna take that as a positive or negative thing. my stepdad would probably think it was stupid because he thinks everything is stupid and i dont have any clue what the rest of my family would think. my brother would probably be supportive but i dont think he would really understand. i know for sure that my friends would be supportive, but they arent the people i live with so no matter how supportive they would be, my life might still be negatively affected by this. im thinking of just waiting until im done with school to come out, but i dont know if ill be able to wait that long without eventually hating every second of it.

2. AbsoluteNerd

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you know your friends will be supportive, it's totally ok for you to tell them first. I can tell you from experience that being out to a close friend or two really helps deal with the more difficult days, and I still haven't come out to my parents

HelloAndGoodbye likes this.