1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm really nervous about moving back into college dorms this year

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BelieveinLove94, Aug 12, 2016.

1. BelieveinLove94

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    This is my last year in college and I have not had one good roommate, they were either bullies or loud at all hours of the night. Luckily I am only fourty five minutes away from home so I can go home if I have to. I'm just so nervous, I'm hoping I have a good roommate this year but I don't know. What can I do to ease my nerves?

2. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is there any way for you to get contact information for your new roommate before moving in? If you can introduce yourself and learn a little bit about them, that might help soothe your nerves. Once the two of you are moved in, you could also try setting some ground rules. For instance, designated quiet hours, overnight guests, parties, or even just who buys what.

Also, just in case, do you have any other options? Could you get a single room or an apartment? Do you have a friend or two that you could room with? The most important thing to remember is that you are sharing a space with your roommate. It might be their room, but it's yours too and you should be able to speak up if something is a problem.

3. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Surely you can asked to be moved if you dont like your roommate?

Anyway, hopefully this time you wont have to! :slight_smile: (&&&)

#3 Robert, Aug 12, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2016