1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm questionning my gender identity

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Thanatos, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Thanatos

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello,
    Here's the things that made me wonder about my gender identity.
    When I look at me through the mirror, I don't feel comfortable with what I see and sometimes I feel like it's not me. I often play the role of a male when i play with my friends, dream or sometimes when I'm writing to them. And I just started to consider crossdressing, like I'm attracted by male clothings more than female. Even when I'm writing I don't feel comfortable using female pronouns. When I wear dresses or make up I think of it more like I'm an observator, not as if it's really me.
    Before, I never really think about it, but I started to realize that not everyone was like that, and, after reading a few things about gender identity, I was questionning myself, without knowing the answer. That's why I'm saying I'm considering cross-dressing, because it may help me realize something (but i still need to buy those things like binders, male or gender neutral clothings...).
    What do you think ?

2. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    You're the only one who can really decide your identity, but it certainly sounds like there may be something to this.

I'd say keep doing what you're doing. Explore clothing, explore pronouns, listen to other people's stories and see how well you relate, and so on. Take your time, there's no need to rush.