1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm not sure how to come out.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Envy, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Envy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Im ftm, and I'm getting really frustrated, but I have no idea how to tell people I'm transgender. It would honestly probably be best for me to wait about a year and a half more, because I am relying on a parent for financial help for college, and that's how much longer I'll be in school, but at this point I don't think I can stand it any more. I want to tell my dad, but so much of how he treats me is gender based, he's easier and nicer to me about things because he sees me as a girl. So 1 I'm worried that he might hate me and stop helping me with school(I can't afford it on my own), and 2 if he doesn't hate me he might just completely dismiss me, or ignore my identity, which will hurt me a lot emotionally. 3, he could accept me, and reffrer to me as male, but then he might treat me differently, because his family is harder on guys than girls, and less generally communicative to males as well. So those are my fears about my dad. And I have no idea what to say to him, or how!

My mom will laugh and say being transgender isn't real, which is what she said when I came out as bisexual. She doesn't believe its real.

Then there's my friends, I'm less concerned about coming out to them, but still kind of nervous. They know I'm bi, but many of them don't know what being transgender is. I'm out to one friend, and she went with me shopping to replace all my clothes with men's clothes, and went with me when I cut my hair. So I have at least one person who is supportive.

And last, coming out at school. I kind of want to ask my Teacher and classmates of my main two classes to change the pronouns, and name they use for me. But I'm not sure how to go about it, or sure if it would accomplish anything. I don't think my teacher would agree, but I think a few of my classmates might.

Idk, I'm just really really angry and frustrated, and I'm not sure I can stand not at least trying to get people to treat me as male. :bang: I'm also not sure how to move forewqre, or start transitioning, but that's not what this thread is about.