1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Im Mentally Drained

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by MoonKid, Nov 1, 2021.

1. MoonKid

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't expect anyone to reply // this is my rant as i have no where else to go.

I feel so numb if I'm honest, like I'm waiting for something but it never arrives. I feel like I'm attention seeking most of the time, I also fear my tendency too obsess over people is dragging me down mentally.

I am unsure if i am in a bad state of mind as i don't know what these feelings are. I fear of faking it, sometimes like I'm just overthinking every little thing, but then my chest tightens and my heart skips beats, and the overthinking becomes too much to handle sometimes..you know?

If you have read this far i thank you so much, i have a few questions, are these feelings normal??? Like, does this happen to everyone and its normal yk? Am i making a small thing bigger than it should be?

I praise being able to share this here as i am unable to do so to anyone else.

2. ivorytusk

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I get this a lot. The feeling of sitting around waiting for something that I don't even know what that something is. Just anything to swing my life in a direction, but deep down knowing that nothing will come to me if I wait. I don't think the word "normal" is right, there is no sense of normal in such a diverse world. But I do think its a common feeling, and you and I aren't alone :slight_smile:) And if you are experiencing these feelings in places when you're by yourself (but you can feel these in public too), I highly doubt it's for attention. Maybe you're looking for connections, which you have every right to want. It's very human. Idk, that's my two cents. If you want someone to vent to, you can hmu and message me :slight_smile:)

3. MoonKid

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Even just knowing you read and replied has made me feel better and i appreciate that so much so thank you. Im glad to here that others experience things i do.:grin::slight_smile: If you don't mind me asking, how so you solve / ease these thoughts and feelings?

4. ivorytusk

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is my experience, so I can't say that the same will work for you. I bet there is a ton of other things that I'm not thinking of, so you are totes allowed to take this with a grain of salt.
    Being brutally honest: There is really no "solving" this feeling, without getting up and discovering interests and meeting people. Branch out, because that thing you're looking for isn't going to find itself. Even if it's really small, like a TV show which you look forward to the new episode, it's something rewarding in the end. It's something that takes away that feeling of floating around in a giant ocean, just a tiny bit.

Things that help EASE the feeling for me personally, are meditation, art, and or reading. Meditation is the biggest one that I recommend, for example, if you search up on youtube "10-minute meditation for restlessness/ restless thoughts" or for whatever feeling you have (sadness, anger, etc). If you try meditation pinky promise me that you'll take it seriously, you might feel a bit silly sitting up with your eyes closed (as I did as a newbie) but it's worth it. Reading doesn't have to be anything serious like Shakespeare, I read children's books sometimes, just because it's something to distract myself. If you want any queer graphic novel/ book recommendations- I GOTCHUUU. Finally, "art" could literally be scribbles or a coloring book- again it's a distraction, so.

BUT this is all assuming that you don't already do meditation, art, reading, etc- so again this is just me personally replying :slight_smile:

5. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    MoonKid.....How often do you get out of your house? Are you still in school? Do you work? What I'm getting at is, are you around people each day? Another thought...is there any kind of LGBTQ support center near you? They often have regularly scheduled group activities that you might be interested in. There are also some LGBTQ-accepting churches that will also have various activities and groups. You can always talk to us here on EC, but being able to spend time face-to-face with other people is really important. I hope that you will be able to either find that thing that you are looking for or come to understand that relationships with others can fulfill us in many ways that we didn't even realize that we needed!
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

6. MoonKid

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I love all of your ideas so much and do think this could help me // ive recently bought a few books to read but PLEASE do give me some queer graphic novel/book reccs plz!!! I do love art but really struggle to pick up a pencil nowadays buy i like the sound of meditation?? I pinky promise you i wont laugh or anything cause its something you seem to enjoy so ofc i will be giving it a go! :grin: again thank you so much for your replies and advice as even reading through the replies give me comfort yk? :slight_smile:)

7. MoonKid

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you so so much for replying/reading through my ramble // i dont get out of the house much and i am still in school. I work part time but its an independent job so i dont have work colleagues, so not around a lot of people. Sadly, where i am locals can be very nasty toward queer folk, and we have no LGBT support groups, clubs etc. But tbh right now EC is helping a bit, which is more than I could want. Thanks again for the reply and advice :slight_smile:

8. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Moonkid.....I so glad that we can help! :old_smile: You absolutely can talk to us here on EC at anytime and about almost anything. We're here for you and will help in any way that we can. You can post a message on a members profile page if you want to say something directly to someone and you can post a Private Message to any of the staff at any time. You have to be a Full Member to post a Private Message to another member and they have to be a Full Member too. If you have questions or just need to vent, please don't hesitate...we're here to help!
    .....David :gay_pride_flag: