1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm going to come out to my mom

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MercuryChan, Jun 19, 2015.

1. MercuryChan

MercuryChan Guest

So I'm going to come out to my mom today, but I'm having all these 'last minute' concerns. Like, what if I go back on my word, so to speak? I mean, I know she'll be fine with it (we talk openly about this stuff all the time and she's positive about it), but I'm just scared. I'm really scared. It's been this thing looming over my head, that I've been dreading, and I can't figure out what to do. I'm going to summer camp in less than a week, and I don't want to ruin it by thinking about what I'll have to do when I get back, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to tell her. I want to but I don't. I don't even know what I'm asking here, except a little support. Thanks in advance.

2. guitar

Coming out to your parents is usually a really nerve-wracking experience. If she supports lgbt news stories and causes I'm sure you have nothing to worry about. Since coming out to my mom we've become a lot closer and more open/honest with each other. I hope that will be the case for you. Best of luck! :slight_smile: