1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm getting feelings for this girl

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Chewbaca, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Chewbaca

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So I met this girl in my college. She works at the front counter where she swipes people's dining cards to eat. The first day I saw her I told her I really liked her hair because it's blue. I looked at her name tag one day and found out her name so I friended her on Facebook and we hit it off from there. I ran into her today and it felt like coming home. She greeted me with a "howdy". It was so cute. The only problem is she's in a relationship with another girl. I really like this girl though. She told me that last school year she had relationship issues so I thought that meant she was in a bad relationship. But she talks about her girlfriend in a good light occasionally and she has posts about her. Please someone tell me what to do? I always have bad luck with the girls I actually like. There has to be hope.

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey that's a tough situation but you have to steer clear of her whilst she is in a relationship because no good can come from that. I know that really sucks but if in the future her relationship ends then I'd say sure make your feelings known but until then I don't think it would be wise.

lovewine and azzi like this.
  3. lovewine

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, try not to be flirty with her while shes in a relationship. Respecting her relationship now would be good for you in the long run :slight_smile:

4. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Join the club. I mean, don't join the club, let's both get out of it!

But seriously, I think this is something that everybody faces, and it always seems like way too often. It's not that you're "not doing it right" or something. All those other people who seem to have better luck? It just seems that way. They're just like you and me.

I agree with the above posters, it's bad karma to try to edge in on an existing relationship. What you can do is let her know that you like (not Like) her, so that if she becomes available she might think of you... or at least tell you that she's broken up. Because otherwise she'll have another girlfriend before you find out. I say this from experience... sigh. See if you can hang out with her in a non-hitting-on-her way.