1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm drowning

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Maeve, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Maeve

My doctor thinks I might be depressed. She's probably right. I've been on wellbutrin for almost 3 weeks now and I'm not seeing much improvement. Maybe a little more motivated (very sporadic though) but still feeling fatigued, restless, useless, and just...down. Emailed my doctor and she suggested I stick with it for a while longer (which I'm going to do) or switch to Zoloft (which is probably what will end up happening).

I'm good at faking being happy but I'm really not. I just want to curl up in a ball, cry, sleep and watch Netflix. It's not always this bad, it comes and goes... But it's bad now. I just want to feel normal. And happy.

I emailed 5 therapists today. The one I really liked (based on her website) responded quickly but only to say she wasn't accepting new clients. Hoping I'll hear back from the others soon.

(Just in case you're worried, I have never self harmed or seriously considered suicide. I want to love my life, not end it.)

2. Open Arms

Open Arms Guest

I've heard those meds take up to a month, even more, to kick in.

Do you think you are feeling so down due to circumstances in your life?
    or is it chronic generalized depression with no obvious reason for it?
    Feeling angry? unloved? not belonging? nothing exciting going on?

You are faking being happy in front of ?? because ??
    It takes a lot of energy to fake being happy.

I'm sorry you're going through this Maeve. :frowning2:

3. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Sorry to hear this. Are you keeping a regular schedule?
    Is there anyone you can talk about it, some friend or relative?

4. Maeve

I've got a somewhat regular schedule. I go to bed at the same time every day (give or take 30 minutes) and fall asleep pretty fast thanks to trazodone (sleep aid and antidepressant). If I don't set an alarm, I either wake up really early (7am) or really late (11am). Even if I sleep for 12 hours, I'm still pretty tired by 5 or 6 at night.

I've felt like this for...years. Honestly, I don't really ever remember NOT feeling like this. Even as a kid I would feel so sad and alone and worthless.