1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm confused, please help

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Josh219, Sep 29, 2017.

1. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So where do you want to go from here?

There are two separate, but not necessarily mutually exclusive paths. You clearly need to continue your journey towards understanding and accepting your own sexuality at your own pace. You also have to deal with your crush on this guy..

There is no 'right' nor a 'perfect' solution to these things. But you kind of need to prioritize things for yourself.

Not that it should mean anything to you, I really believe, as I said before, that the most important thing right now is for you to come to and understanding and acceptance of your own sexuality (however long that takes) BEFORE you try to Come Out or directly confront a crush - especially one whom you don't expect to return your feelings.

But, again, each of us have our own experiences on this journey, so there it no 'right' or 'wrong' answer in going forward. It's really just about you. What do you feel 'most' comfortable with (not that any of this is really 'comfortable' right now)? What is your ultimate bottom-line for your relationship with your friend? You know that he won't return your feelings, but you seem to value him as a friend, regardless. You can never have too many good friends in your life. Do you prefer to have him as a platonic friend in the longrun if/when you can get over your crush on him? Or is your emotional state - and getting back to an equilibrium while you figure out your own sexual orientation (which is a lifetime thing) - more important that your friendship with him? Or do you want to play the fence and try to have both?

2. Josh219

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    since i'm still at a point where i'm unsure about this. i think maybe i should spend more time hanging out with him and hopefully that will give me a more concrete answer to my sexuality. hopefully when i do spend time with him, i'm able to see myself what my sexuality is.

3. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Let me know how things go.

I wish you all the best!:slight_smile:

4. Josh219

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks, if I need anything. I can just post here and I'll find you?

5. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes. Depending on what's going on, it may take me up to a day or two to respond, though.