1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm a (lesbian) cis women attracted to transwomen?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Oranges, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Oranges

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm a cis girl and openly lesbian for 4-5 years, I'm a femme attracted to femme.
    but one thing that keep bothering me almost all the time is that while I won't get attracted to (cis) men at all, feminine side of men hit me so hard I started to think I'm bisexual. One of my queer friend suggests it's probably because I like androgynous which I think might be, but like, only androgynous who is a man?? (or is it bc i'm not interested in anything that tend to be masculine?)

Then one day I realized I'm also exclusively attracted to transwomen, maybe even more than a real women. I don't care whether they had already been through hrt or not.
    Which I could say, I'm still a lesbian. A lesbian, because for me, if they said they are transwomen/trans feminine, they are women. Still, I don't know what will trans women think of this, will it be weird for them?

I've been questioning this for years. At first I think it's not really important but it's actually very hard and confusing.
    I try searching around but it's kinda hopeless.

This is post with very little knowledge in lgbt field so if anything is offensive here, I did not intend and i'm sorry beforehand.
    Er THANKS

2. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Only 10% of people either side are exclusivly hetero or homo sexual. 80% of people have some form of bisexuality, it just depends to what extent you like the same/opposite sex whether or not you'll say hetero/bi/homo sexual.

Lables are semantic things. It means what you hold it to be. We use certain labels to make it easier to explain within social groups.

If you like women and know you'll never date a guy, I would suggest staying with the lesbian label.

You'll have to ask a transwoman on your other question though.

3. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think being into trans women would change sexuality, but you'd probably be some bi spectrum if you like feminine men as well.

Secrets5 is pretty much right when it comes to 80% of people being bi spectrum (I am one of the 10% who has a rigid sexuality, but I have learned that I am the minority on this website). Because of that, most people just don't bother with labels....because really, who cares?

4. AbsoluteNerd

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As a bisexual transwoman, I can say nope, not weird at all. It would actually very affirming for me if someone who is attracted to women were to ask me out. Just my thoughts on the matter

5. Mindy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Not sure if all will agree , but on another forum here is an explanation I read. The greatest appeal of a transwoman by a born CIS gal who identifies as a Lesbian happens because she subconsciously recognizes / appreciates the dedication and heart it takes to be a transwoman. I think the implied point was that a transwoman who identifies as a Lesbian has shown a very serious commitment to her girl by way of the physical and mental changes undertaken in being able to smile and say "Im a Lesbian".

6. Lexa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with this 'I don't think being into trans women would change sexuality, but you'd probably be some bi spectrum if you like feminine men as well'.

7. parallel

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Trans women are women. If you're attracted to trans women, you're attracted to women in general. But if you like feminine men, that might just be that you're attracted to feminity as a general thing rather than a gender. How do you feel about butch women? If you're still attracted to butch women, you might just be bi with a strong preference for women, but if it's femininity in and of itself, that might just be that you're attracted to feminine people regardless of gender.