1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ignorance or my imagination?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by starmotive, Mar 18, 2020.

1. starmotive

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The topic of sex and sexual identity came up with my psychiatrist and expressed that I was very uncomfortable talking about topics like that. Their response was that it should be easier to talk about sex because it's 'just normal'. Does them saying that sex is normal erase the existence of asexuals? I'm not 100% positive, but I may be ace or at least somewhere on the spectrum...I'm not sure I want to delve further into the topic if they are going to insist that sex is 'normal', unless it was more a figure of speech saying that it's not a foreign topic that I should be afraid to talk about??

2. Really

I suspect they meant it’s just a normal thing that happens in the animal kingdom. Humans included. ;}
    It doesn’t mean everyone does it. Just like any of the other “normal” stuff humans do. If you want to talk about, talk about it. If you’re not ready, wait until you’re comfortable if and when that time comes.

Poofter, DecentOne and starmotive like this.