1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you were straight..

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Simba29, Jun 14, 2013.

1. yellowsun

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I would still accept and be supportive of the LGBT community even if I was straight.

2. biggayguy

Okay, my earlier post wasn't exactly true. When I was in denial I would say some very homophobic things. I would secretly have sex with a boy then openly harass him with the other boys. I felt guilty for the harassment and guilty for the sex. Thankfully I've grown to accept me and support gay rights

3. catoptriclenses

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Although I was raised in a conservative and religious home, I never even thought twice about gay being wrong when I was younger before I even began to consider that I was. Maybe it was because of my own feelings, but I think that I never would have thought it was wrong just because I have always been extremely open minded.

4. Zannan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ya if I was straight I would be really bigoted. I was raised in a household that discouraged it. And I denied my orientation for a while due to internalized homophobia. So my opinion on it wouldn't be that great. I'd be repulsed.

5. Valerie

Valerie Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't understand it as well as I understand it now because I wouldn't feel the way they feel but I'd be accepting for sure.

How do I know that? Because when I realised I was a lesbian, I was totally okay with it, and I almost didn't question it after that.. So, yes!

6. Adarya

Before I even realized I was a homosexual I didn't understand how someone could be homophobic or ignorant. I like to think that if I were straight I would still be involved in the LGBT community and remain open-minded.

I do feel that being gay and in the LGBT community has opened up my mind and made me see ignorance and discrimination in a different light. Now I've felt what's it like to be discriminated/oppressed, so I know how others feel. I find myself acknowledging problems and discrimination- as well as trying to do something about them- more so now than I did before I knew I was gay.