1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you HAD a choice, what would you choose to be: Straight or Gay???

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MiseryJoe, Sep 4, 2014.

?

Straight or Gay if you had a choice to be born as??

1. Straight

64 vote(s)
    34.6%
  2. Gay

121 vote(s)
    65.4%
  1. alwaysforever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would still be a lesbian.

2. Shamash

Honestly, why would I choose to be gay? It makes most things a lot harder, honestly. I'd prefer to be born bisexual, probably.

3. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I'd choose to be queer any day.

4. VideoGameLover

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Woah. This topic came up again.

That's what I said many months ago. Yet, my opinions have changed on the matter. If I could be straight, and make my life much easier, I would easily choose it. No, I have nothing against being gay, and I support it. But if I could take the easier way out and maintain good relations with my family, then of course I would.

If anything. Maybe bisexual, so I could have experiences on both ends.

5. CoyoteCalling

Out Status:
    Some people
    Odd question. If it was from a condition of ignorance about the life I would have either way, I would probably go with the majority and be straight. I'm cautious by nature.

If you mean would I retroactively change who I am now, no, I would stay gay, or I would choose to be bi or pan.

6. Anonymous777

Anonymous777 Guest

I'd choose to be the way I am. If I changed anything about me, I would be a different person, not me.

7. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    LOL, presumably because you think that would somehow make life *easier*?? Keep dreamin' kid.

8. idream

idream Guest

If I had the choice, I would definitely be straight. That is how I know I'm gay, for realzies. Life would be so much easier..

---------- Post added 16th Sep 2014 at 07:58 PM ----------

That's not to say I don't love myself and my utter gaynesscx

9. C P

C P

You highlighted, yet somehow missed apparently, the word 'probably'. Now I can't speak for him but, by the way that was worded(and he can correct me if I'm wrong), I don't think he necessarily meant it'd be like a beautiful stroll through the park.

Sure there is a lot of shit thrown at multi-sexuals, and there are problems unique to them, but there also are a few ways it could potentially allow for a smoother ride(even if those scenarios don't actually pop up for enough people), just as I'm sure you could think of ways being a mono can allow a smoother ride.

10. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I certainly did not miss his "probably"...just indicated to me that this was his likely choice. But coming right after his statement that he would *not* choose to be gay, because it "makes things a lot harder" (and his phrasing of that as a no-brainer..."why would I choose to be gay?"), I find it a reasonable hypothesis that he believes that being bisexual would NOT "make things a lot harder". Whereas from my perspective, being bisexual makes things even harder than being gay...basically, you get all the disadvantages, along with extra complications, desires, etc. Not that I have any need to get into a silly fight about whose sexuality is the hardest to live with...you'll note that I state earlier that I would not change if I could.

I find this whole thread a bit dreamy, frankly. Nobody has a walk in the park. If people aren't miserable because they're gay, then they'll have other problems that will bother them *at least as much*. Wishing away who you are is pointless and self-defeating.

11. Acm

Acm Guest

I would stay gay. I can't imagine feeling differently, and being trans makes it seem like less of a big deal

12. C P

C P

Seems fitting that you won't 'get into a silly fight'(not sure where you pulled that from) right after the above is said, but okay.

Yes, because that magically whisks away/lessens the problems someone may(or should) have with the former... -smh- *walks off*

13. Zodavva

Erm, where's the bisexual option? I would choose that...

14. Weekender

If I'm being 100% honest, I believe I would be a lot more boring of a person if I were straight. But not simply because of the heterosexual aspect.

If I were straight, I likely wouldn't have had to learn to step up and be assertive with my beliefs. I would have been a lot more ignorant of the social injustices of the world. I would be more meek. I wouldn't have fought so hard to bend gender stereotypes when I was a kid. I wouldn't have had to question my relationship with Jesus, therefore my faith in God wouldn't be as strong as it is.

I won't argue that being gay has made me more accepting, because that is simply a characteristic of being a good person. But I will say that being gay has allowed me to see the world in a light that I otherwise never would have. Being gay is one of the only hardships I've had to deal with thus far. If it weren't for that, my life would be easy. I don't want my life to be easy. I want inner turmoil and I want external tensions, because they shape who we are.

So I'd choose gay any day.

15. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Gay. I would love to have a big man with his big arms around me protecting me from danger.

16. Anonymouse7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Gay, it has meant I will never take a relationship for granted not to mention it was summed up in a conversation with a friend. He was complaining about how his girlfriend was annoyed with him because he forgot to compliment her on her hair and commented with a note of jealousy that when my boyfriend gets a hair cut all I have to say is "throw me the Xbox controller?"

17. MyNameIsGabriel

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I love who i am, all my freaky tranny-bisexual shit. It's great!

~Gabriel

18. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'd still pick lesbian

19. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

Straight. To echo others, it's easier and there's no hatred.

20. DarkestDream

I get mixed feelings with the phrase, 'if you had a choice'. Based on my experience..I wouldn't choose to be straight, because the straight people I deal with every day are religious, controlling, and judgmental. I don't know if I'd choose to be a lesbian, either, BECAUSE those same people. I think I'd rather be a non-human, like a dog, cat, guinea pig..anything that has a chance of being loved unconditionally.