1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you could.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Natasha Elyssa, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Natasha Elyssa

If you could rewind to conception to be born the gender you identify as, basically be born born cis-gendered as a boy or girl. Ex: Me rewinding to conception to be born as a cis-gendered girl. You have the power or are given the opportunity. You can also have full memory of your previous/alternate life. Would you take advantage of the opportunity? The reason I ask, is because I have this as kind of a story idea (details withheld) and was wondering what thoughts people may have on this. :slight_smile: <3

-P.S. sorry if this doesn't exactly make sense. ^-^

2. Midori

Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, if I got to rewind, I would most definitely want to be born as a cis-gendered male. Though, I'd want to rewind near the ending of my life so I have more memories. So, yup. I'd take advantage of it.

Good luck on your story! c:

#2 Midori, Oct 24, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
  3. Spot

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, of course! That would be amazing :grin:

4. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sounds like a great idea ^^
    So the concept is that I can go back and be born as a guy, but I'll keep all my memories and interests of my life now?

Hmmm-yeah, I think I'd take it. There are parts of my life and some great memories I'd like to keep, so it's nice that I get to keep them as well as being born as a guy- win win! Despite not fully understanding my gender identity yet, I'll say yes.

#4 Alder, Oct 24, 2015
  5. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I actually thought about this recently, as well as when I was sixteen. As much as I now wish to be a man, I do not wish to of been born male. I just can't imagine that life. Its really hard to explain. I know that if I had been born a cis male I would of never questioned my gender, I simply would if had to come to terms with being gay and slightly feminine.
    I feel that if I went back and was born a cis male with my current female memories....I think it would cause some confliction within myself.
    If I went back without my current memories I would be fine. You can't miss what you don't remember, not that I would miss being female. I would miss who I was in this life, the friends I had made and the things that I have done and plans I have made. If I change the gender I was born then I would most likely have none of that.

#5 Matto_Corvo, Oct 24, 2015
  6. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So do you have to "re-live" your life? With your memories? And there'd be a split somewhere, because society is really up on gendering things. (For example, my ex was 100% straight, so my body being female is why we were able to date, but if I were AMAB then he wouldn't have ever looked at me. In fact it's highly likely we wouldn't even have met since he only went to that party to meet me.) And if things are already being changed simply because I've gone back to be re-born a guy, then can I change things? I would wouldn't I? Obviously I have made some decisions based purely on "being female", so it stands to reason that if I were "born male" I'd do the same.

Or is it just that one change, but you don't re-live your life, just pick back up exactly now but with overlapping memories of a female and a male bodied life? 'Cause that I'd probably do. Does anyone else remember? Like do your friends and family remember your 'alternate life' as your "originally identified sex"?

7. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My first instinct was to say yes but I probably wouldn't. I saved someone's life and she had a baby... in the end, our lives have influenced not only ourselves but everyone we interacted with in some way. By rewinding our lives we are also rewinding the lives of everyone else and who knows what the consequences of our decision will be. :icon_sad:

#7 Eveline, Oct 25, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
  8. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't. If I could restart as a cis guy with no memories of this life, I might be more willing to go for it (though even so, there's a lot about this life I wouldn't want to let go of; I'd rather have just started as a cis guy in the first place), but there are things I really like about my life that I know for a fact would never happen if I'd been born a cis guy, and it would be sad going through life having memories of being best friends with someone who isn't actually your friend in your new life, and things like that.

If I could guarantee that I could keep the parts of my life that I like the same, but just live them as a cis guy, then I might do it.

9. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In one word: absolutely

10. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    I would do so, I think. If I could still kind of have the (good parts of) life I have now, that is. Like, that my sister would still have been born and all. Then I would like to have been born physically female. Yes please.

11. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No, because none of my friends or family would know about my previous life and I would feel so lonely not being able to talk about it.

12. DinelodiiGitli

Sometimes I feel like I would but others not so much.

I feel like I'm a stronger person and more understanding because of it.

13. FootballFan101

Yes I could bet for sports teams and win money jk
    If I could see the effrcts before I go back I would do depending on that

14. Oddsocks

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've mulled this question over myself enough times, and it always comes up no. I genuinely do enjoy most aspects of the body I've got, and I wouldn't choose otherwise.

If I could tweak the character select screen of life and rig the puberty lottery to throw me a better deal on my hips and chest, though...that I'd do.