1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If sexual orientation were a choice, what would you choose?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tritri, Jul 26, 2021.

1. Nealg

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Living this fake straight life has been exhausting. I’m gay. I love men. I would choose to be gay if that was possible.

2. C06122014

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think today was quite the day for me to see this question lol…the last two days have been the hardest I’ve had in a very long while. I feel like I missed so much life by being scared to approach people as a gay man. I came out as gay in 2014 when I was entering my second year in high school. I wonder just how different my life might be if I were not gay? I think if I could choose and knowing what I know now, I’d choose to be gay. But god is it hard. I feel this overwhelming sense of loneliness in this moment, and I know it’ll pass. But still, I feel robbed. I feel robbed of all those moments straight kids get. The crushes, the first loves, all of it. Anyway, that’s my spiel.

3. Kiromane

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Honestly ? I think I'd stay bisexual. Mayyybe make my attraction even out to not have any gender preference
    My second option would be Asexual, being AroAce sounds quite easier to explain to anyone :slight_smile:

4. Unidentified

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    An interesting question - on a number of levels. I have lived my life primarily presenting as a straight male … I am in fact genderqueer/trans female (only recently starting to come out). I am only attracted to women sexually - but as a sapiophile have had my share of crushes on men. If I could choose, it would be to be pansexual though. In the ideals of my mind I am … but in reality not so much. I don’t know if this is mostly attributed to societal expectations, or the fact that I survived sexual abuse when young from a man, and the associations to that keep me away from that gender.

5. benrojers

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Currently I am a bi so like sex with guys and girls. There will probably never come a time when someone is completely satisfied and comfortable with their body in the bedroom. Sure, there are going to be times when you feel like you can let loose with your partner, but there will always be a bit of hesitation and insecurity. Luckily, this is just another area where the right sex toys can help out. And, it starts with getting to know the ins and outs of your body

#85 benrojers, Jul 2, 2022
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2022
  6. Artoffact

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I would stick with bisexual, but find out at a time where I could openly explore what I like.

7. UndoneStateOfMe

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I would absolutely never want to be straight, the only problems I have ever had with my sexuality was the way people would react to learning about it (and to frank they can go kick rocks.) I guess i got lucky because there was never really a period of shame for me even though I grew up in a conservative environment, I never really agreed with the half the stuff they were saying anyhow.

8. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello All.....This is a very tough subject for me. For those who don't know my story...I was out for a few years in college and then turned my back on my sexuality at the death of my boyfriend/lover/soulmate. That led to decades of pretending to be straight until the depression became so severe that I almost took my own life. Now I have accepted that I am and always have been gay. I've come to terms with it and have no desire to change now. I wish that I hadn't gone through all those years of self-hate, but as a result of living as a straight man, I have a wonderful wife, three amazing sons and 8 very special grandkids! My most sincere wish is that my grandchildren would not have to go through any of this. Whether they turn out to be gay, bi or straight I wish that they will not have to suffer the way that I have. I write this through tears...I almost wish that they should all be straight so that they will not suffer. But that is no guarantee. It is hard to see how sweet and tender and innocent they are and wish so hard for them to have a wonderful and happy life.
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

9. Redmelon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'd choose bisexual, though I wish I had had the courage to come out sooner.

10. UndoneStateOfMe

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am so sorry that you had to struggle over your sexuality for so long. I am glad you are still here! It sounds like you are a good person and a great father that loves all his children and grandchildren dearly and that is awesome! They are quite blessed!

11. tommyj

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Like many others, I'm a gay living in a "stright" world. If I could choose to I would screem at the top of my lungs that I am and want to be gay! BTW I'm still in the closet.

12. Spidersneakers

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I would choose to have no feelings for anyone, which i pretty much already have. But i like to avoid those feelings generally and i would rather have good friends instead of a spouse. If i had to choose feelings for people, i would choose bisexual

13. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Bisexual. I'm happy with who I am. :slight_smile:

14. Cinnamoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'd choose gay but maybe that's because I am gay, so I'm predisposed to liking it. I dunno how to answer this question objectively =P

15. PJ208

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I chose Bisexual almost my whole life and it never felt right, it was just 'easier'....I'm gay and though it may be a smaller dating pool, especially where I live, it is what feels the most right and gives me some peace knowing I'm being honest with myself.

16. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm back to wanting to be straight but I'm just having a rough time at the moment. I think I need to hang out with my friends more, to remind myself that not everyone is like the jerks at my work. It would be good to have the space to vent about it and have someone hug me.

#96 Canterpiece, Oct 14, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2022
  17. Rainbow64

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Years ago I would have said straight. But I tried being straight and I was unhappy. Now that I have accepted myself as gay, I am so much happier and I can't imagine being with a woman. I love men and I love being gay. I would never go back.

18. Gay Brett

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree completely. Being romantically involved with men is simply wonderful. I love that I am gay, too.

19. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Although, there is something to be said about when I see someone wearing Pride merch and I feel a sense of happiness. I've met and I get to be a part of a wonderful community. Not all of it is great mind you, but still, it feels right.

20. PJ208

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would pick gay and I would pick it because it's who I am. I also would have picked it a long time ago if I only could have seen through the societal BS.