1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If only I were straight.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Canterpiece, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It would be so much easier if I were straight, people already think that I’m dating my male best friend, and if I was actually dating him, then at least his parents and my family would get off our backs about finding someone.

Coming out didn’t exactly go to plan. My mum just likes to pretend that it never happened, and still asks me about boys, I’m sick of coming out just to be shoved back in the closet. :disappointed:

If I were straight, my dating prospects wouldn’t be so… non-existent. Personally, I don’t know any lesbian or bi girls at University, and whenever I look into the LGBT group on campus, all their activities seem to take place at night (so it’s impractical for me to go since I live off-campus and can’t go in late at night) and also drag shows (which aren’t really my thing) or overly-crowded pride festivals.

Rainbow bracelets don’t achieve much, I still get hit on by men when I wear them. Then again, I’d probably get hit on by men even if I was wearing a T-shirt that said “I’m gay” on it. Some might even take that as a challenge and assume that I’m playing hard to get. :expressionless:

I don’t really feel as if I’m actually a part of the community, people tend to assume that I’m straight, try to convince me that I’m straight or bisexual, or pretend that I never even came out to them even though I wrote them a bloody letter and it’d be nice for that to be acknowledged because I showed my emotionally vulnerable side in that thing, when I talked about the bullying I went through.

Yeah, I know that I should just move on from the events which happened, but it’d be nice to talk about it a bit with the people in my life, even if it’s just in a self-deprecating humour sort of way.

But I guess not. Dammit, I wish I was straight so then I wouldn’t have to deal with all the coming out BS. Or the fact that the LGBT groups around my area seem to be dominated by gay men and just focus on drag Queens. (Not that there’s anything wrong with gay men and/or drag Queens, but if I ever meet another lesbian it’d be a miracle lol).

#1 Canterpiece, Mar 17, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
  2. CL1990

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I cant really give any advice tbh...i feel the same way and i actually just posted about how jelous i am of straight people...

3. Sundara

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Me too, if I were straight and I only have a one true love. It must be very beautiful like my sister and her husband.
    I am married but my gay thought is almost every second in my head.
    God help me please!

4. JaimeGaye

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As an effeminate gay man I can only say that I feel your pain sister.
    If only I were straight maybe I could have stayed in the fairly long term relationship I shared with my bestie girlfriend that basically amounted to a platonic lesbian relationship.

I wish you all the best and most that you find the girl of your dreams.'She IS out there.
    Somewhere.
    And she's looking for you too. :slight_smile:

5. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My coming out went really well and I was immediately accepted by family, which makes me luckier than most. But I can still relate to how it sucks in general because of how hard dating is. I've been single since I first came out, which was almost 15 years ago now. Very hard to find anyone.