1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

( idk where to post this but you can move it to the right thread) okay why can't I PM

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by SilentOtaku, Apr 15, 2017.

1. SilentOtaku

SilentOtaku Guest

Seriously, can someone help me with this? I need some advice or a tip on how to PM and why I cannot PM..

2. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Re: ( idk where to post this but you can move it to the right thread) okay why can't

It is better in ask the staff.

As a regular member, you are only allowed to PM staff members. Once you are a full member, you can message any other full member. It's just a safety concern :slight_smile:

3. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: ( idk where to post this but you can move it to the right thread) okay why can't

Hey SilentOtaku,

The place to post this would be in the "Empty Closets Help and Feedback" forum.

To answer your question, though, you can't PM anyone here on EC, except for Staff members, until you become a Full Member.

To reach Full Member status, you have to have been a member of EC for at least two weeks and have at least 50 posts, then apply for Full Membership. When you apply for Full Membership, the Staff reviews your posts, etc and either grants you Full Member status or lets you know about concerns that they have which may prevent that. Right now, it seems like the timeframe for someone (who is qualified) to be reviewed and receive Full Membership status is generally around 3-4 weeks after the request is submitted.

In the meantime, once you reach 10 posts, which you already have, you can start to post on other members' Walls. Walls are public, but are more direct communication with other EC members than forum threads.

I hope that clarifies things for you.

#3 Quantumreality, Apr 15, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  4. Silver Sparrow

The above posters are correct. Since you are a regular member, you cannot PM other members of EC; however, this does not include members of the staff team.