1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I went to a gay bathhouse last night, never again!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Macholover, Mar 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avixona

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    thanks 4 tellin me in advance lol

2. British Lad

British Lad Guest

I would rather be striped naked and tied to a cactus then go to a gay bath house, germ and STI city.

3. 507bro

ew all the things I hate in one area except gays
    unprotected sex with old guys in a dirty moist place.

4. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah I basically just got exposed to bathhouses thanks to Queer as Folk and I'm just like, yeah no thank you. Plus you're right about the age groups, the reason most are that age is because the majority who visit bathhouses are curious or married men who are trying to hide themselves, they're the ones secretly gay and trying to engage in their real selves through sex because unlike us who will meet someone openly or like at a gay club (not night club lol), they don't want to be out.

5. Macholover

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    There was an older man there who was around 55 and he was married to a female. I think there were more closeted people there than openly gay people.

6. MyDecember

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm sorry but I'm giggle'n a little on the inside because I think I know what bathhouse you're talking about. Never been to one but heard my share of horror stories.

7. Macholover

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    What have you heard?

8. Gumtree

I've been to one in Melbourne, and it was an entirely different experience.

The one I went to seemed the complete opposite to what you described!

Firstly, it seemed like everyone there was 18-25, and largely all rather fit.

There definitely wasn't any open displays of sex or drugs. The place was very clean and very hygienic.

I saw someone get kicked out because he tried to make a move on another guy, and the victim told security.

I did see a few couples that were evidently in committed relationships making out a bit, but they never got carried away.

I believe that there were rooms available for rent for sexual activity, although they were very discrete.

I found the staff awesome, constantly cleaning up any mess, offering refreshments etc.

There was even an open section near the pool that was a gym!

All in all a great experience, everyone seemed very friendly and respectable. Only drawback was the price. $110 a week for membership.

9. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think all bathhouses are different. I've never been to one nor do I care to, but some are scuzzy, others are quaint.

10. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Funny its called a bathouse, but I suspect you'd need a bath after being in one

11. Riaan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    LOL. Exactly. The name, alone, puts me off. I won't be seen dead in one. Thanks for the insightful posts!

12. Zontar

That would explain it. Keeps out the riffraff. I still wouldn't go to an "upscale" bathhouse though.

13. starfish

That fine to object to it, it is not my cup of tea either. Just remember that straight people do the same thing. Their just not as open about it.

14. pauliie

pauliie Guest

nasty!!! im sorry you has to experience this dirty sitch.
    not cool!!!

15. Toneth

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    eh, I visit them when I'm single and on vacation (so maybe once or twice a year) and I've always found what I look for, but I really only go to the nice ones, steamworks and entourage, just because they get younger people, and they REALLY promote safe sex

16. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No offense, you're in Australia, so I'm not surprised :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

17. Kimi

Exactly:icon_wink

:thumbsup:

But I can get what Macholover was expecting to see there but yeah, reality sucks lol
    I never been to one before but I heard pretty much same thing for bathhouse in Japan too. But I also heard that there are plenty of young hot guys there and using condoms. I think it is just the luck to see good stuff or bad stuff lol Everything has its upside/good parts and downside/bad parts.

That being said, I won't ban people from going there and also don't recommend to go either haha I know it will disappoints me if I go there, but hell maybe someday I'll go check it out to see for myself haha:lol:

18. warrior

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Macholover, I'm glad that you have opened this topic. I have never been to a bathhouse, or any of these places, nor do I care to either, but it's good to read a first hand account of it from someone who had just experienced it.

One point I'd like to disagree with some posters here is about no one - who frequent such places - being relationship-minded. While I do acknowledge that most people who visit such places are into one-night-stands, promiscuous, I also believe that a significant portion of these people are into relationships too. What happens is, if you are born and brought up in[to] some extremely conservative family and area, where homosexuality is not only a taboo but also almost non-existent, where there isn't a chance in hell that you would meet, let alone get into a relationship, with another gay, you feel the urge (increasingly when you are in your teens), and when the only way you could meet one is through these cruising, hook-up etc places, most people just can't resist the temptation of it. I admit that, I too have felt of visiting such places just for the sake of meeting one person whom I could relate to. The sex part is secondary, or not important at all to me.

Anyway, what one does in his or her life is ultimately his/her business, and I will try my best to not poke my nose into their affairs, but I'm very glad that I'd never been to a bathhouse, and never had sexual intercourse with random strangers.

19. BasketCase

I'm shocked that anyone would have thought bathhouses any different from what is described.

20. fiddlemiddle

fiddlemiddle Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I been to an couple of ones but dont want ever again. Many guys practise unsafe sex including the younger guys. In fact among the fastest growing HIV rates is gay young men. In addition I have an fantasy of hooking up with an hot guy there but when I in there I just dont feel like doing it a I feel dirty and you just dont know what the guys have been up to prior if you want to hook up with any of them. The last time I went the hotest guy in there wanted to hook up with me but I did not do it with him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.