1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i was wondering...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by simple boy, Oct 19, 2017.

1. simple boy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    i was wodering when people say that black woman have more testosterone what does that mean? i'm saying
    this because i'm a black trans male and i was wondering what is people trying to say when they say ''black woman have more testosterone'' and who do black woman have more testosterone then? and if that's so does that mean i'm strong like a men? cause if so thats a compliment to me i'm already growing a beard and a mustache and i can
    get my voice to sound like a dude and plus i get so hairy. what's so crazy about all this is the fact that i have not even started hrt yet is this normal? or maybe i''ll transition in to a bear or something i'm already so hairy and fat i'm thinking about letting the beard grow out i'm not tall i'm short so i'm going to be a short bearded hairy man?

2. simple boy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    i'm i strong like bio/cis man?

3. denouement

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I haven't heard anything before of black women having higher testosterone levels than other women, nor can I find anything about it on google. However, it's unlikely you would have similar testosterone levels to a cisgender male... the gap between typical male/female ranges of testosterone is pretty large. If you have significant facial hair growth pre-t it may be due to naturally high testosterone, naturally low estrogen, or some related condition. For example, PCOS may cause facial and body hair growth in a more masculine pattern.

Unless your testosterone levels are in the male range, you won't have the same muscle growth as a cis guy of your age. If you work out regularly you're likely pretty strong, though!

As far as voice, there is a fairly significant overlap between traditional "male" and "female" vocal ranges. I personally sang second alto/contralto while pre-t, and was able to speak in a "male" range if I worked at it a bit.

Sounds like it's all working out in your favor for now, but if you plan to take testosterone at some point you may want to discuss this with your doctor, in case it's something that would affect your dose.

simple boy likes this.
  4. simple boy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    thanks for posting. i was just kinda sort a boosting up my ego a little bit to much i guess.