1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to get all y'all's take on this.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BoundBottom, Mar 29, 2017.

1. BoundBottom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I teach concealed carry and was thinking about offering classes that would contain members of the lbgt community only. Do you think this would be considered inappropriate?

2. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I say do it. Especially in the current volatile climate in the USA, LGBT people who feel up to it may appreciate having that as an option. I know that, as a semi-out transguy, if I could afford a gun and a concealed carry permit, I'd take advantage of such an a opportunity, especially considering I live in a county that overwhelmingly voted for Trump, in a state that did the same thing. The climate for LGBT people around here isn't exactly great and I know there are a lot of places around the country like that. If you think you'll get enough people in a class like that, absolutely do it.

Now I know some people will be like "guns don't solve everything", which of course they don't, that's obvious, but if it means one less story about a transwoman or LGBT person in general getting murdered simply because of who they are...

#2 ThatBorussenGuy, Mar 29, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
  3. Assassin'sKat

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I mean, I don't like the idea of completely excluding straight people, but that's just my opinion. You could also have a class mainly focusing on LGBT people. Although I don't see how being LGBT makes a difference in this subject...

4. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Instead of only allowing LGBT people in, you could advertise it as being an LGBT-inclusive event or an LGBT event welcoming of all.

5. AlamoCity

I prefer this.

If you actually wanted an "LGBT only" CCW course, maybe advertise it in strictly gay venues and media and skew your audience towards the "gay" end of the spectrum.

6. MaoKingofcats

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yea I like this. It's a great way to encourage others to join regardless if they're LGBT+ or not.