1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think she likes me but I'm not sure

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by sompet, Mar 17, 2018.

1. sompet

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    There is a girl who I am friends with but not too close since we are in different friend groups. I've known her since we were in 8th grade (sophomores in high school now) and I think she likes me (and i do like her.) She always seems to be looking in my way or at me. She also tends to touch my arm, hand, or leg whenever I make a joke/say anything. She gives me a lot of compliments about how she likes my shoes, outfit, hair, etc. and smiles at me constantly.
    A couple days ago, I said "I don't need a man in my life" because we were having a conversation about the patriarchy and other similar stuff and she immediately looked up at me and held eye contact for a couple seconds.
    To me, she gives off a "gay vibe" if you know what I mean.
    How can I ask if she is gay or is interested in me? Should I ask if she has ever had a boyfriend? If she is interested in anyone?

2. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well you came right out and said it. And she noticed. So she is either 1. Homophobic and disturbed. 2. Neutral or ally and just surprised. 3. Not entirely straight and attracted to you. So you don't have much to lose by saying something like "Did you ever think you were not entirely straight?" Or asking her to dinner, or brunch if you want to keep it lite. Maybe the boyfriend or interested questions would work too, if they come up.

The concept of "gay vibe" gets argued all over the map, but in this case it could just mean she's trying to flirt.