1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think my older brother found out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by randoney31, Mar 29, 2012.

1. randoney31

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So me and my brother's laptops are right next to each others. I'm looking at this website and threads and doing homework (not really), and my brother is on facebook talking to his girlfriend (im jealous, lol jokes i'm gay). Anyway here's my problem

My brother being the complete asshole he is, he went through my history when i went to get a phone call from my best friend about some religious education poster (yes i go to a catholic boys high school and i hate it). He found this website and my posts and found out how much I hated my school (we both go to the same school, except he's a year older) and yea.

I had a major spaz at him, screamed at him and it went something like this

me just coming back from the phone
    Me- Why the f*** are you on my laptop, you have a macbook
    Brother- Um...
    Me- So I have a s***** laptop and you have a macbook, any reason your going through my laptop
    Brother- What's emptyclosets?
    me proceeding to grab my ukelele and whacks him
    Me- Never go through my laptop again
    (I'm never that violent unless i get very pissed at situations like that, last time was when someone dissed my best friend because he was asian and called him a nerd but that's another story).

So what did I do now, what do I tell him, i don't want to come out to him yet because i'm scared he's homphobic and going to tell my parents.
    P.S he's not seriously injured and my ukelele is fine.

2. I think that if he was able to go through a few of your posts, then he definitely knows what EC is about. I don't know about your post history, but your brother probably knows that you're not-straight. How else did the conversation go after the ukelele part? Did he say anything else? Any unsupportive comments?

Instead of asking what EC is about, your brother could have made fun of you, or outed you to family and friends. Has he done either of those yet? If he hasn't, then maybe give this situation some more time, and just try to find a way to incorporate this into a future conversation when you're ready to. It's also fine if you don't want to talk to him about this ever again, but if you have a supportive brother, then I think that it might help to have somebody close to you supporting you. Do you like your brother?