1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think my mom knows

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by hannahlove, Dec 15, 2017.

1. hannahlove

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a Chromebook and that's usually what I use to get on this site. For those of you who don't know on a Chromebook, you can save your favorite website and I have this save as one of mine. My Chromebook has a password but it is something my family could easily guess. Usually, I will leave it under my bed while in not on it. I think my mom was on my Chromebook because when I came home a few days ago it wasn't where I had left it and she had been home all day. normally I wouldn't care but she was questioning me and saying stuff like "Are you gay?" "I don't care if you are but if you are we need to have a talk." "If you are and you say no then that's a lie and remember Gods always watching." I lied and said no because If I said yes she would probably send me to some program to "fix me" and now I'm not sure what to do. Ill be 17 in 83 days and I plan on telling her when I'm 18. I don't know if I can wait that long and I'm kinda scared of what will happen when she finds out. Any advise you can give me will be greatly appreciated Thank you.

2. Gleek99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do you really think that she would send you to therapy or a conversion camp?

If she truly loves you, in time, she'll find a way to accept you. But hey, I don't know your life and I don't know your mother.
    In my experience, my mother and I are Christian, but in the back of my mind I knew she'd never send me anywhere to get "fixed", but there was still that little voice in my head that was telling me anything could happen. I didn't know what to expect, honestly. Long story short, I outed myself by accident, she researched and found a Christian lady who supposedly used to be gay, or at least believed she was, and had me talk with her on the phone about what the bible says and God and yada yada. I cried my eyes out thinking she didn't understand what I was going through, and that there might be something wrong with me, but I always knew she thought she was trying her best for me to keep me on the right track.. and to this day I'm not convinced she fully accepts me or is comfortable, but she just ignores my sexuality mostly. I feel like I have to walk on eggshells around my family but.. idk. I guess it's better than hiding...

I hope all goes well with you and your mother. Just be honest with her, and give it time... lots of time.
    If you feel like you NEED to get it off your chest, you'll feel better when you do!
    I hope this helped a scosche