1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I'm turning a corner?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by RJay, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Moonsparkle

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Truth in this! Being open to love. And I have a usual Moonsparkle quote from the fridge to insert right here:

'Never block your ability to
    receive love by thinking it can only
    come from a certain someone
    --who also happens to be the one person
    who isn't prepared to give you what
    you want.'

Such good advice for everyone. And one I am rereading often now as my ex-gf is interested in, 'taking it slow but seeing if we can make a go of this again....' I love this woman; she loves me. And yet ultimately, we are exactly each others person who isn't prepared to give the other what they want (or need.) Getting back with her would be landing on the same merry-go-round. But still, it's sooo hard for it not to seem like she is the ONLY one I can receive love from. Not being hung up on that ONE person and opening yourself to love is so key. And a concept I am trying hard to remember!

RJay opened herself to receiving love. Maybe from L, maybe someone else. But by doing this I too have no doubt she will find the right person! Good stuff :slight_smile:.

'

OED27x, junebug99, RJay and 2 others like this.
  2. NeonSocks

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am almost a little ashamed with myself for how quickly I jumped on the L boat and left V behind. But she had me at street hockey and rally.

I played street hockey until I was about 16 and have traveled from the Midwest to Maine to watch Rallys on more than one occasion.

Badassery wins in my book.

I am so excited for you @RJay. And again, thank you for sharing your life with us!

Moonsparkle, junebug99 and RJay like this.
  3. RJay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Of course, this morning I woke up to intense fantasies of V again. Dammit. Panicking a little.

L is from Maine. And the picture of her doing the Rally thing was in West Virginia, so she obviously travels for it. She was wearing a little purple leather jacket. Wow. Just wow.

#83 RJay, Sep 1, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  4. NeonSocks

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That's pretty awesome, especially because one of the big Rally programs is in West Virginia. If you find yourself in need of a Rally wingwoman I am here to serve. :slight_smile:

RJay likes this.
  5. RJay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Let's not get ahead of ourselves haha. She's probably just another friendly straight lady in my neighborhood with unusual hobbies. I feel like it's Sesame Street. "These are the people in your neighborhood, they're the people that you meet each day." Dum Dee dum Dee dum.

Honestly all the beautiful women around this place are making me start to hate it here!

#85 RJay, Sep 1, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
    OED27x, dreamingfreely and NeonSocks like this.
  6. NeonSocks

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Brought to you today by the letters 'E' and 'C'? :slight_smile:

And still your neighborhood sounds a lot more interesting than mine. Granted I love the quiet that comes from living in the middle of nowhere, but some days it feels like the deer and raccoons shall inherit the earth.

Worker Bee, OED27x and RJay like this.
  7. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Man I go on holiday for a week and miss all of this.....................haha I am in catch up mode. So many things I could comment on here.

I agree with the whole tell L you are gay and see what she says. Life is just leading you to where you need to be and teaching the things you need to know, so whether that's with L or V or someone else it will be worth it when you get there. Although once you are all loved up with a lady what am I going to do to fill the RJay shaped hole in my life haha!!

Hushhh and RJay like this.
  8. RJay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Lol!

My life coach says to use this line after I tell her I'm gay. "I'm so ready to date, but unfortunately all the women I find attractive, like YOU, seem to be straight." Then she can either be flattered and tell me I'll find someone, or she can say that she isn't straight. Omg. Don't think I'd have the nerve. Coach thinks I need crystal clarity from the get go so I don't get into another V situation.

In the meantime, I'm feeling all bad about the V situation. I think I got way carried away and might have made her uncomfortable. I'm thinking of apologizing when I see her.

9. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think you have anything to apologise for, that is just your mind assuming you have made her uncomfortable, she could have stopped you at any point.

Oh I love that line from your life coach although I agree I'm not sure I could use it. Maybe if you are sure you can't say it you could just miss out the like you bit, although I realise it might not have the same effect, I guess now is the time before you have anything to lose, I say deep breath and go for it haha. Maybe you could text her it?

RJay likes this.
  10. RJay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well alcohol will be involved so maybe I can do it. Haha. 7 months ago I didn't know I was gay, and now I'm developing pickup lines! Omg!

11. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Exactly, who knows what you are capable of.

RJay likes this.
  12. Soundofmusic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

THIS IS GENIUS!!
    practiceee

13. Moonsparkle

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree-the line from Coach, pure perfection! It's not too heavy, it's fun, gets point across, it's 'non-threatening' and kind of cute. And all without having to have the BIG DISCUSSION of revealing your attraction. It's brilliant because if L doesn't feel the same, the conversation will just move on smoothly. If she does feel the same...oh boy...she is going to jump on this comment ! Badass chicks know exactly what to do next, and do it with confidence! :wink:

Really RJay I don't think you want another chapter of your journey with the title, 'The Ambiguous Situation with the Woman I'm Attracted To; Months Later I Still Don't Know if She is Attracted to Me Too.'

And Re: V--I don't think you should apologize, because I don't see a need to. It's easy to over-analyze and attempt to mind read what's going on in someone else's head. Totally agree with Silverhalo on this, if you ever made her uncomfortable, V could have stopped it. She's a big girl. If something you did was crossing her personal boundaries she needed to speak up. It's on her, her responsibility. Don't make her stuff your stuff.

Just thinking, you know what would make this interesting? (Sorry I think I am playing amateur Lifetime movie screenplay writer!) If you told V of your attraction to L, or even that you have a new friendship with a fun, beautiful, intelligent woman in your neighborhood!

Even if V is straight as an arrow, my sense is she is not going to be warm to this reveal at all. She is used to having you all to herself!

PS: Relating your neighborhood to Sesame Street...love it. Because remember, on Sesame, by the end of the hour ALL always ended well. Lessons were learned, everyone was HAPPY sitting on that front step! (That purple Count guy was always a little scary/freaky to me though...that laugh of his seemed diabolical!)

driedroses likes this.
  14. idsm

She is going to jump on Rjay, actually. Haha.

15. RJay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Haha! You are terrible! I'm assuming she's a straight lady with an edge. A very COOL straight lady. VERY FREAKIN' COOL.

Moonsparkle likes this.
  16. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This thread is hilarious :slight_smile:

@idsm I was going to write a message on your profile to say I think you are so funny but your page is restricted so I thought I would write it here instead :slight_smile:

#96 silverhalo, Sep 2, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
    RJay likes this.
  17. rosemarythyme

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    @RJay do you know when V is coming back? How are you feeling about that? It must be good in a way to have L to distract you. I'll probably see the woman I like next week, first reality check after five weeks of daydreaming. I'm so nervous I took up running again as if to make time run faster :grin:

RJay likes this.
  18. RJay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    We haven't been communicating really. But school starts Thursday so by then for sure.

19. NeonSocks

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Haha, let's not limit ourselves to Lifetime! This story has Hallmark Holiday Special written all over it. Will L steal rjays heart in time for Christmas? Will the ghost of lesbian future visit V and teach her a valuable lesson about love? And will the cast of characters following this story be available to serve as extras and sing Christmas carols?

20. RJay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Omg. I'm so glad to provide this entertainment for you all. Meanwhile I'm sitting here panicking! :grin: