1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I'm turning a corner?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by RJay, Aug 29, 2017.

1. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    We try. I would think it's too early for a flat-out "do you like girls?" but really there is a lot that is erotic about smoking together. I would go with body language.

But really, listen to me, who am I to advise you? Well, I have dated a lot of gay/bi girls. They're just more interesting.

RJay likes this.
  2. azzi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Omg :laughing::laughing::laughing:

3. azzi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I wonder if V secretly told L before she left to take good care of you while she's gone lol.. coz if she did, L is really doing a good job :ok_hand:

idsm likes this.
  4. leb10

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This is exciting RJay! Good luck with the dog walk/smoke!

So this street hockey league... I think we'd all like to hear a little more about that, what with all these badass girls in it and all...

On a related note- my favorite thing for several years during elementary school was roller hockey. Can't believe my family was surprised that I was gay...

5. idsm

I mean, if she did she's gonna regret it...

RJay likes this.
  6. RJay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    OMG, you guys are too much. LOL. I deserve every bit of it, I suppose. I cannot honestly believe I'm here thinking about another girl after all that insanity with V. And what if V comes back, and the insanity starts back up?! Oh my... Actually, I didn't text V for two days (which was a first), and finally she texted me like 10 messages in a row over the course of a couple of hours. But, now that I'm looking at things differently, I'm not seeing anything in her texts indicative of anything but friendship.

Honestly, there isn't really anything indicative in L's texts or behavior of anything but friendship either except the insistence on getting together alone with alcohol and the fact that she plays hockey. LOL.

Regarding the hockey, yeah, there is some local league with teams, and they seem to play all summer. I kind of stalked L online and found out all this stuff about it. One day she scored the winning goal in a shootout and all her friends were saying what a badass she is and how it was especially impressive how much beer and pizza she consumed afterwards, haha.

Oh well... I will try to not get too excited until I know her better.

taical and junebug99 like this.
  7. dreamingfreely

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Maybe talking with Linux will be good practice for when you talk to V lol. You would have less pressure to get it right. If she stopped talking to you or was put off then who cares you don't have as much invested in her. Probably silly advice and I have no idea how you ask if she is gay. Maybe just come right out with it?

RJay likes this.
  8. RJay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ugh, we had a cigarette in the rain. She held my hand as I lit her cigarette. Oh dear, this better not be happening AGAIN! Yikes.

9. Orchidea123

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Webcam - awesome idea. Rjay, you could register your domain for that purpose and take subscribers.

But seriously, when I come to EC and read through, I usually log on if I want to type something. This thread made me rush to log in. Random thoughts going through my mind:

I really want to see how L looks like.. Dont know why, but I'm intrigued.

But don't post her photo here..

What if.. Just what if L turns out to be one of EC/your thread followers here???!?!

'

driedroses likes this.
  10. Searching1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I love this! It's so wonderful @RJay that you have opened up a new exciting possibility and something else to focus on. I hope regardless this evens things out and puts you in a good place spending time with this other woman. This woman sounds like she may actually be into you I guess we will see! Good luck and have fun.

Orchidea123 likes this.
  11. Moonsparkle

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't think any of your followers are disappointed in this turn of events! This time without V in the area has maybe been a real and TIMELY gift. A time to reflect, get out of your head about it all. You traveled a bit, connected with others in your world. Perspectives can shift a bit when you step away from it and it sounds like yours did. It's all pretty exciting actually! Re V, maybe this is real life evidence of the reason/season thing. It's definitely evidence of one of us late in lifers taking steps forward in our journey, and that IS exciting :slight_smile:!

L sounds positively sexy as %^*&! High powered job; the little black dress; the STREET HOCKEY. OMG!

Do you remember when you first met L and you said you didn't want to even get together with her because you felt like you would be cheating on V? Not the case now!

And sure, V could get back and the whole thing could start up again for you. But it won't be EXACTLY the same. No one can take away what you have gained in the past few weeks.

If L is straight, that's cool too. A new smart, and badass friend is NOT a bad thing. AND expanding your local friends beyond V, also not a bad thing!

I do feel like we need 'Miss Movin' On' by Fifth Harmony to accompany this thread! Maybe you can pound that out on the piano?

Rock on RJay!!!

12. junebug99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think I'll go out and play some street hockey.:grin:

RJay likes this.
  13. driedroses

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had this exact thought - SEXY. And the cigarette in the rain? Good lord!

@RJay - what an awesome experience you're having, even if it ends up as a friendship and nothing more. And your son is also gaining age-appropriate relationship experience. What a win for you both!

RJay likes this.
  14. RJay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thing is... since I've FINALLY accepted who I'm attracted to, I don't want "just" friendship from anyone I get those feelings towards. Too frustrating!

And yes, she is really sexy. Long blonde hair, light blue eyes, very fit, absolutely adorable face, big smile. SWOON.

#34 RJay, Aug 30, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
    taical and driedroses like this.
  15. Soundofmusic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yay, updates!

what is your life. LOL. so movie-like.

Anyways, I think this time away from V has been great for you. You've obviously gained some great perspective. Just make sure to write down these things somewhere you look often so that when she comes back, you don't forget. Do not underestimate the brain melting powers of a pretty lady.

As for L, she sounds HOT. Even if she isn't into girls, the flirting practice could be good for you.

But agreed, if you know they're your type and it's confusing, best to be clear and not pursue friendship if you'll just be pining for them.

junebug99, RJay, OED27x and 1 other person like this.
  16. RJay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah. Hard to avoid beautiful blonde blue eyed women in my neighborhood! But I really don't think I'm in a place where I can be doing platonic friendships with women I find attractive. Maybe down the line when I've had some experience. As many of you have said, when we first figure out our sexuality, we tend to have tunnel vision - a one track mind. Not really conducive to "friendship".

I think when we go out on our date or whatever it is, I will come right out with the fact that I'm gay. She asked me last night how long I was with J's dad, and I told her it was 19 years, but that I was embarrassed about that since it was very very VERY wrong from the beginning. I said that I have learned a lot about myself recently. L said I shouldn't be embarrassed because she got pregnant after 3 months with her kid's dad, and that was more embarrassing.

#36 RJay, Aug 30, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
  17. driedroses

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I get this. I was establishing a friendship with a woman who was totally my type and I developed a crush on her, of course! But she, of course, is straight. I had to back myself out of that place as much as possible because it was difficult to try to be platonic with her.

RJay likes this.
  18. Soundofmusic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah. I have thankfully not met any new friends who are my type since I came out. I just know that the second I do I'll propably run away lol because I won't be able to hide it anymore and I only tend to fall for straight girls. ugh

Well... looking forward to your update :grin: When's the date/not date again?

RJay likes this.
  19. RJay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, the pizza night with the boys was last night. And she told me she already had the bottle of wine at her place for when we get together without them. Not sure when yet. But when I texted her that we should get together next time we both have a night off from parenting, she texted back in 30 seconds: "yes! 100 percent!" Hmmmmm.

azzi, Rachyl, taical and 3 others like this.
  20. Soundofmusic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ohh this sounds promising! I say you should suggest a date!

RJay likes this.