1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I'm Bisexual.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Emilyq123, Jul 12, 2018.

?

Do you think I may be bisexual?

1. Yes.

100.0%
  2. No.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Emilyq123

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My whole life, I've suppressed some questionable feelings I've had towards other girls, and just simply told myself that I'm straight. Just recently, I've had a few friends come out as bisexual and pansexual. I'm happy for them, but when I heard this, I became curious about my past feelings, along with my current feelings towards girls- specifically this one girl who I sat next to in math class, Sophia.

After sitting next to Sophia for a little bit, I started thinking about how great she is. She is always so kind, so pretty, so smart, and just a really amazing person. I have always really wanted to be her friend, but I was too nervous to make moves. She mainly hangs out with popular girls, which isn't necessarily my crowd. Soon, these desires of wanting to be her friend grew, and I started questioning if I actually liked her romantically. There are several clues that would make this true- 1. I get nervous around her, as I did with past guy crushes. 2. I'm always thinking about her, fantasizing what it would be like to grow close to her. 3. Tbh I'm kinda curious about what it would be like to kiss her.

Im really having a hard time wandering if I have a crush on Sophia, or if I just desperately want to be her friend. I feel this way about 2 other girls, but not as strongly as I do Sophia. It's so hard to process these emotions and what they mean, and that is why I'm questioning.

I am slightly doubtful that I am bisexual because its hard for me to picture dating a girl. I can easily see myself dating a boy, and marring a male, but I can barely see myself marring a girl. This may be because I haven't really thought about it though.

Does anyone have any thought or advice? i have been really confused lately and anything would help. Thanks! <3

2. Tessia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Ok, so I personally think that you need to explore if you are just limited to boy and girl crushes or if you’re open to trans crushes. Partially because I don’t want you to place labels on yourself that you aren’t ready for. For instance, you might be pansexual and you wouldn’t know it if you didn’t explore the option.
    That’s just my opinion

3. Emilyq123

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks for the advice! I have wondered about pansexuality, but I really don't know how to tell if I am pans or not. This is because I have never met someone that doesn't openly identify of male or female, so I don't know how I would know if I'm attracted to other genders. Does that make sense?

4. Tessia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Pansexual just means not recognizing gender when it comes to relationships. You can love somebody for them, not for their gender.

5. Emilyq123

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    oh okay, thanks for the help! I'll have to think about the possibility that I could be pans.

6. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I voted yes. Because this is how it started for me. It does take time to adjust our minds to same sex relationships sometimes. It get's easier the more you allow your feelings to exist.

Lexa likes this.
  7. Emilyq123

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you so much! This is exactly what I needed to hear.

Love4Ever likes this.
  8. Lexa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with Love4Ever. In the beginning I thought of my feelings for girls as "intense friendships". As in "I didn't know you could feel such intense feelings for a friend and that friendship could be like this too".