1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I might be ftm trans

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Miles Aaron, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Miles Aaron

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I am a 17 year old female and the past few months I have started to feel like I don't fit in with being female and I fit more into the being male. I have never been girly or even like a normal girl. I think I might be ftm trans but I not 100% sure (or because I'm to scared to come out) the first thing I remember which makes me think I'm trans is that when I was younger I said that if I grew breasts I would cut them of, and I absolutely hated it if someone said I would grow them. I Have recently stoped shaving my armpit and leg hair and when I see it, it makes me feel more me and like a true man. I don't wear make up or dresses and I don't feel comfortable when my girl friends talk about girly things, especially periods which disgusts me. I really want short hair and imagen styling it like a boy. I also really want to wear a chest binder but to worried to order one because I don't want my mum to find out. I want to wear boys clothes. I look on clothes shops and put boys clothes in my basket but never buy it because of what my family will say.
    I think I'm a trans man but I am terrified to come out just in case I'm not.
    What do I do? Am I trans?

Thanks for reading sorry it was long

2. JaimeGaye

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You know the BEST part about being gendered female and realizing you are a male?
    The whole clothing fashion and general appearance is easier to pull off!
    You can buy and wear male fashions without causing too much of a stir about it and choices in gender neutral clothing continues to grow as designers realize it is a lucrative area.
    By all means, Cut your hair if you wish to do so! Females have so many hairstyle options available you can easily choose a Male hairstyle that will look good on you and display your masculine qualities and if fam inquires all you have to tell them is "I went with the stylist's suggestion and you know what? I LIKE IT!" :slight_smile:
    As for not shaving, by all means hair yourself up!
    This alone can ease dysphoria and offers a pretty clear sign to other males that you are not the cute and available female they thought you were while at the same time showing lesbian women you are available as a masculine partner should they decide to pursue you. Be happy.

3. Miles Aaron

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all

4. swimmingfly

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight