1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I am getting more brave as i become more comfortable being gay.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by redneck, May 14, 2014.

1. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm 33 and though I started to realize it in high school I wouldn't admit to myself that I was gay until a few years ago. I didn't start coming out to people until about a year ago. When I first came out I would be nervous that they would tell others or just not accept me.

Wow what a difference a year makes. I will tell almost anybody I'm gay if it comes up (still don't know about telling my parents yet). I don't make a point of coming out but if people are talking to me about girls or something I have no problem letting them know.

I really wanted to make this thread to tell a story about what happened this weekend:

I was at one of my favorite karaoke bars (not a gay bar) and this amazingly cute guy showed up at joined me at my table (the bar only has about 5 huge tables that each seat 8-10). We started talking about random stuff to pass the time and knocked back a few beers in the process. Then outta nowhere it happened. I don't know what the hell came over me, but next thing I know I leaned over and heard my mouth say "I know you are probably straight but I have to tell you that I think you are easily the hottest guy here". Thankfully he just took the compliment and we continued to chat about nothing for over an hour afterwards.

Yea, nothing came of it but I have spent the last couple days wandering WTF. A year ago I had trouble telling people I am gay and now I'm hitting on guys at the straight bar!? What's next? Lol just thought somebody here might find this entertaining.

2. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As of last night I had a huge boost in courage when I presented to my therapist and then left as I am. Then I went shopping. Then I went to the beach. Then I actually went and ordered food and interacted with people.

So I know what you mean.