1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I really need to gain weight

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by CactiCat, Feb 14, 2019.

1. CactiCat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I recently started a medicine called Foclin for ADHD. I’ve had many side effects, but the weight loss is by far the worst. In most people, losing a few pounds would be good, but I’m naturally VERY skinny. Before medicine, I was 5’4 (1.63 meters) and 94.9lbs (42.6377kg). I ate more than everyone in my family, except my 17 year old brother. I had to have 4 meals and 2 snack just to make it through the day. Now, I have 2 small snacks and 3 medium/small meals per day. I’ve lost 3 lbs (1.36kg) in 10 days. 5’4” (1.63 meters) and 91.4lbs (41.458kg) is where I’m at as of 2 days ago. I do have a condition called Marfan Syndrome, which makes it extremely difficult to gain weight. Is there any way to increase hunger? Also, what foods will give me more calories that arent unhealthy?

2. SomecallhimTim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Eggs, cheese, yogurt, and nuts are all good. Also shakes or smoothies- blend up fruit, peanut butter, yogurt, tofu, milk (or milk alternatives), veggies too if you like. You can add cocoa powder or honey or other flavorings. I also have a really hard time gaining weight and personally find it easier to drink high calorie smoothies than to eat an equal amount of calories.

3. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Pasta and yogurt. Yogurts are like 250 calories each and since they're so small you can easily eat like 5 in a row if you wanted to. Pasta is about 1,000 calories per box and is essentially just bread in another form so isn't unhealthy.

4. Gutterpunk

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had a similar problem when I started on methylphenidate for my ADHD, and I also had the problem beforehand due to my fast metabolism, but it was magnified tenfold. ask your doctor about cyproheptadine for weight gain.