1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I really just can't stand being gay anymore!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by weathernerd447, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Simple Thoughts

I know you will. It's a time thing. Besides you're still pretty young, age does wonders for the way we think about things. With a little bit of time and some self-reflection I'm sure you'll come to grips with everything

2. willycubed28

You didn't offend me whatsoever. I think anyone who wants to be a parent has a lot to contribute to giving a child a home who needs one, or having a child from surrogacy. You know that it would be your sperm if you decided to do surrogacy right?

3. Okay, Good. :slight_smile: And I know it would be my sperm, but I would've liked it to be the sperm of my partners' too, so that it could be both of our genetically. But I know that that's not possible; at least not yet...

4. Simple Thoughts

Meh Sweden's scientific community has already made some progress in that regard. xD

5. ^Really?!! That's great! It probably won't be our for a long time, but still great. XD

6. willycubed28

Honestly, the first thing you need to do is love yourself for who you are. All the rest will fall into place if you let it. You can't change who you are. Who you are is special, unique, and perfect the way you are.

7. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey I agree with everyone. My advice would be to try and find one good thing about yourself or that you have done. Start off slowly so each month find something or more than one thing if you can good about yourself or what you have done, then you can try twice a month, then 3 times a month etc. as ridiculous as it sounds each day look at yourself in the mirror and say, I'm gay and that is ok. It really can help.

8. Simple Thoughts

All they did was managed to convert a woman's bone marrow into sperm. It doesn't help the guy side of things, and until it's tested who knows what implications it has for women. I only bring it up because it's a step in that direction.

9. True, it's still a step I the right direction. Maybe someday they will find something for guys. And I do try to focus on the good things about me, even if they are hard to see. I tend to be very critical of myself; mostly because of my dad. My goal is to one day be able to wake up and sincerely say "I'm proud of who I am" and not feel lesser about myself because I'm gay. As ridiculous as it might sound, I think one of the main reasons why I feel lesser about being gay is because gay people can't reproduce naturally; which I know has nothing to do with how good you are as a person, but its just a mindset thing. I feel like I'm flawed because I feel like I'm gay because I'm not a good enough person and don't deserve to be able to reproduce like other people. I know it's not true, but that's what my deep rooted mindset keeps telling me.

10. willycubed28

That is why you have to remind yourself on a daily basis that you are a great person who has a lot to offer the world. I don't know you, but I can tell that you are an amazing person. You have so much humility, and that is something that some people do not have. Just know that you have support here and we will always root for you. Something that helps me is every morning I look in the mirror and I say something positive about myself. Maybe you can try that.

11. Simple Thoughts

It's alright. This is something that doesn't have to change right away. Just start with little baby steps. Take some time out of every day to remind yourself how wonderful you are. If you want I'll start on your behalf.

I can tell right away that you're a fairly intelligent person. You can convey a thought with relative ease, and I admire you articulation. Especially since you're fairly young, though I suppose I'm honestly not much older lol

So there you go. I'll give you your first one as a freebie, and I bet if you work at it you'll uncover all kinds of things about yourself that you like. With everyday that passes you'll find it gets a little easier to come to terms with things, and step by step you'll start feeling better. :slight_smile:

12. Thank you both for the advice and support. :slight_smile: And it's funny because my dad tells me to do the same thing that you suggested and focus on the good qualities about myself. I am still harboring a lot of resentment towards my mother

13. for saying what she said about LGBT people, and resentment towards God for "making me his way." I want that resentment to go away because it brings me down alot and makes me feel like being gay means that you are flawed and the reson being because only 3% of the population is gay; and usually low percentages of groups of people have something wrong with them because they are not the "norm." It also makes it really hard to find other people like me; other than online, and I still feel alone even though I know that I'm not, because I haven't met many LGBT people in person.

14. Simple Thoughts

Personally I don't think there was any kind of God to make anyone anyway, but I understand the sentiment.

It's alright though the feelings of resentment and the pain you feel will get easier as you get older. For now just focus on your own happiness and don't let those negative feelings hold you back.

It's fine. You'll meet people later. You're still pretty young, and there is plenty of time for that. Just look online and see if there is any kind of LGBT meetups, hang out spots, groups, ect...in your area. :slight_smile:

15. Thanks. :slight_smile: And I hope that as the challenges of life get harder as I get older I will continue to look on the positive side; despite how hard it will be.

And I've been looking into LGBT groups and things along those lines recently, and that's how I met the person I am currently dating.

16. Simple Thoughts

Well that's good. It's always nice to find a good support group, and even better to find love <3

I'm glad things are looking up for you ^^