1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I realised flying spahgetti monsterism has an ethical belief no other religion has.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SyIveon, Jan 25, 2023.

1. SyIveon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This will be a little short by the way.

On of the 8 "I'd rather wish you didn't's" of flying spahgetti monsterism (Or pastafarianism) is, apperantly said by the religions deity, his noodily exellence the great invisible flying spahgetti monster, is "Do not build me any multimillion dollar shrines/churches/mosques/temples when the money could be better used fighting poverty, ending world hunger and spreading happiness."

This is unseen of in other religions, but why? This is bassicly "Make a fancy place to eorship your deity(s)" or "Solve massive problems around the world."

Kinda intresting, isn't it.

#1 SyIveon, Jan 25, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2023
  2. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like the name. It's so funny. :laughing: I had to look it up, since it's my first time hearing about it. I don't like the building of churches much either, because I believe there is a better way to get closer to God and better use of money. I don't like the idea of people giving God a physical form and then they worship it, by building lavish churches and through holy objects or icons. In my opinion it's all mainly for controlling people through religion. I don't know how many people would agree though. The churches are also a places of social gathering, prayer and worship and even tourism objects, where you can learn about history and people travel in purpose of pilgrimage. It offers comfort for many as well to have a place, where they could go to pray, get forgiveness for sins, light candles for loved ones or celebrate holidays and traditions.

3. Ushiromiya Red

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It was a long time ago when somebody taught me about the religion of Pastafarian. I like it a lot and it has a lot of good ideas and principles. Especially the ones about building huge af churches and such. They also believe that pirates were one of the first humans to roam the Earth so Pirates are highly revered within the Pastafarian faith. Plus the idea of the Flying Sphaghetti monster is epic as hell. If I was going to be apart of a religion, it would probably be this one. It also celebrates equality as well.
    [​IMG]
    And here's a short video about it...

#3 Ushiromiya Red, Jan 25, 2023
  4. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The Christian bible never mentions building a church, and actually one of the apostals (spelling) said the people where the temple. At some point religion became a business and has kind of gotten away from its own teachings.

Its been a while but the Church of Satan grants you more rights than Christianty. LGBTQ people are accepted, women have a choice and race doesn't matter.

#4 Shorthaul, Jan 25, 2023
  5. Loves books

While I agree that building churches cost a lot of money, they are built to last. I love old buildings and lots of churches fall in to that category. For religious people a church serves as a beautiful venue for a wedding ceremony. A church is also almost impossible to heat. I haven’t attended church in a while because I’m more agnostic and I’d rather sleep than pray to a god that might exist, but the church is pretty. All that stained glass is nice. Priests need a place to spread their narrow minded opinions and the pulpit in an impressive building facilitates that.

6. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello All.....I have always thought that building huge, fancy buildings for churches was not the best use of money. The church I attend is in a very simple building. You may notice that I say the church I attend is "in a simple building". The building is not the church, the people are the church. My son goes to a much larger church that meets in a old wearhouse. People need a place to meet, but spending enormous amounts of money has always been questionable to me. I know that it has been said that since the building is for the worship of God that the building needs to be worthy of Him and therefor should be grand. I still think that there are better ways to use the money.
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

7. Colm

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it would help if the pastafarian deity didn't look like a pair of balls infected with cordyceps. What do pastafarian churches look like anyway, are they made of pasta?

8. Wanderlost

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My like button seems to be missing in this section. But, lol.