1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I plan on finally confessing about my "depression/unhappiness"

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Kriemhild, May 21, 2018.

1. Kriemhild

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I guess this is all there is to it sucks because a post like this is also my first post ever. So, hi. I'm Kriemhild. Anyways
    I want to tell my best friends the truth. I know this can't be avoided no matter what I do.

There is so much i want to say but lets start with this. Hey. I've wanted to talk about this for so long. However, everytime I get the opportunity, I wuss out and you'll luckily change the subject. But here it goes. I've wanted to talk about something that's been on my mind for as long as I remember but has had a more major affect during the past two or three years. And here it is: I could be wrong but I think I have depression. I'm not sure, I don't wanna mislabel it. I don't wanna seem like a plain sad teenager when that's not what I feel. I've dropped a few hints but I've never gone into them. Some may have just been me wanting attention. I don't really know. I think you might know what I'm talking about. If you've seen a change in me, this is the reason. If you've ever asked if I'm okay and I say yes and even provide an excuse, it's always a lie. I'm always feeling something and quite frankly I'm never really okay. Sometimes, I'll get distracted and I'll forget how unhappy I really am. How miserable I am. I thought this was only temporary until I looked back. I've always felt this. Ever since i was a child, I sometimes got this "nothing matters" or "you're missing something" feeling. I just never thought about it. The feeling came and left. However, the past two years haven't really been the best. This feeling came around more and it stayed longer. I'm still confused. The other stuff hit harder than they once had. And for once, I had thought about it. I had sometimes thought about death. "What would people think if I died? How would they feel?" But now, I think about it everyday. "It doesn't matter anyways. The suffering will stop". I started thinking about hurting myself this year too. I used to just take a knife and stab a box or a foam noodle that was used for a people(for fun and for pain). But now, everytime I get mad or upset about something(everyday), my mind shoots cutting myself. The only thing stopping me is the shame I would receive from my friends because they make fun of people who cut themselves. And honestly, I don't know why I would want to. Maybe attention, maybe just a way to relieve what I can't say. More unhappy thoughts came too. Over the last 7 or 8 years, they developed. The you're not worth anything, stop it because you're just being rude or you're hurting feelings, why would you say that, you're stupid stupid stupid, you have nothing to live for, you rejection, you sin, you bastard child. The list piles on. No matter who I'm with or where I am or what I'm doing, I always feel alone. Everything is falling apart around me. The kingdom of masks that I built. It's just so hard for me to fake anything nowadays. I feel like I don't deserve anything but I feel like I deserve everything. My health has depleted too. I lack motivation to anything. Clean my room, brush my teeth, even take a shower everyday. And this just makes me more unattractive. Everyone tallies my lack of motivation as procrastination and I let them. My mother exposes me as being lazy, I even heard her say that my sisters and I can never do anything right. I try to act funny as an excuse to make up for me being a failure of a person. I'm not the person she raised. I don't know who I am. I'm just a ghost. An empty void. I feel like such a bore to my friends. I try to hard. Or I don't try enough. I'm stuck between who I want to be and who others want me to be. I'm a hypocrite. I always try to make it keep others happy when I don't even know how to keep myself happy. I'll tell them all these things when I can't even take my own advice. I like to dance in the rain because it feels like the world is crying for me since I can hardly do it on my own. I'll just laugh and dance as the tears hit the ground. I'm a terrible person. I smiled when my best friend was in a dilemma or a crisis. I finally started dated someone after a whole life of blank, fake relationships. However, the feeling went away as I because more and more guilty. "You don't like who I am. You like what you think you see." But the truth is, I'm the same old me, dressed up for Halloween. I get nervous around the people that I admire. I'll sneak looks at them(and sometimes get caught). How do you do it? How can you make it seem so effortless to seem like such a good person? To be a leader? I could never even inch up to who they are. Cause no matter what I am on the outside. I'm still the same on the inside. And I'm only 15. Pathetic. I shouldn't feeling these things.

I don't know why I'm sharing this. Maybe because I want to see how others react before I reveal the secret of a life time. Maybe it's easier for me to talk to people I don't know because I know that I'm just another aspect that won't be thought about. I'll be remembered for maybe a day and then I'll just go back to being forgotten. And I get comforted knowing this. Sorry.

2. johndeere3020

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Kriemhild,
    Wow, so much pain for someone so young. The first thing I want to tell you is that you are not alone. There is many people out there that feel the same way, or have at one point in their lives. I am one of them. I know that you have heard it before, but things do get better.

Don't think that you are worthless. No one is worthless. You don't have to make fun and laugh at yourself to make other people happy. The only person you have to make happy is yourself.

There are options for help, The Trevor Project if you feel you need someone to speak to in person tonight. Their number is 1-866-488-7386.

The staff and advisors on EC here are great. More than one time a staff member has helped me when I have felt down and I'm 45 not 15.

Whatever you secret is no one is going to forget you, at least not me because I read everything you wrote and I don't forget.

If you want or need to talk...

Destin likes this.
  3. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It doesn’t matter that this is your first post. What matters most is that you shared the reality of your feelings – possibly for the first time. Maybe it’s because the kingdom of masks you mentioned are falling away, or maybe it’s because you need an outlet for the inner scream that is depression. You actually questioned if you are depressed and I would say with a fair degree of confidence that you really are. On the basis of everything you wrote, I don’t think there is any doubt. If you mentioned all of these feelings to a doctor or therapist, I’m sure they would confirm depression. Would a definite diagnosis be helpful to you?

When we are born, we enter the world as a clean page. Nothing is written on our page on day one, but as we progress through life issues, problems, worries and concerns get written in and if there is nothing of value to counter all of that we begin to feel depressed and overwhelmed by it all.

I read your post carefully and I noticed many different descriptions of your feelings. You told us that you are unhappy, miserable and lack motivation and you feel as though you are missing something and nothing matters. You no longer take care of yourself and think about harming (cutting) and wonder about death. There was a lot of negativity and that just confirms how much pain there is in your life right now. However, you only alluded to a likely cause for all of this. It sounds like you have a good idea of what might be at the root of some (maybe all) of these feelings, but you never actually said it yourself. Would you now like to do so through the anonymity of this forum?

You talk about the people you admire and how you sneak looks at them. It sounds like you would like to emulate these people and question how they do it. Maybe you can tell us what it is that you admire in them? What makes them a good person in your eyes?

Far from being another aspect that won’t be thought about, you are now a member of this community and we really do care. Okay, it might be your first post here, but it doesn’t need to be your last. If you look around this forum you will see that you are not alone in these struggles. It may be true that no other member is experiencing life through your eyes, or from your position, but so many of us are on the same journey… or we have been there. We may not have a book of answers but we have a whole lot of empathy and will gladly share our perspective if you reach out to us.

Don’t bottle it up or go it alone. Ask for help and get the depression diagnosis confirmed by a doctor or therapist. Depression is a bitch at the best of times and you can’t beat it as a lone rider.

HDIGH and Destin like this.
  4. Kriemhild

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm kinda weird. Some do have roots but not all of them. The things I feel are a combination of reasons for why I feel them and no reason at all. Example, I'll feel nothing and then I'll start feeling the things that have reasons, which make me feel worse. It goes from empty to having everything dumped onto me at once. If any of that makes sense. What makes it worse is that I can't do anything about it. No matter how much I want to, I can hardly cry. The last time I actually cried was when I was reading about another person's experience with depression. They mentioned what it was like when they started taking prescriptioned medicine, how everything felt and seemed more saturated. I cried because I wanted that so bad. I can't really talk to anyone. But I want to. I want to start feeling better. I' not sure if telling my friend is a good idea. I just have nothing left so if that falls out, I don't know if I could handle it. And finally, some may relieve their pain by inflicting harm on themselves. I'm to scared to do it. But I'm more scared of when I won't be scared to do it anymore.

Anyone that has a higher authority than me and they are responsible, I look up to them. They are literally everything that I'm not. I' not mature. I can't be. I can barely do what needs to be done when it needs to be done so responsible is out of the window. Some of them seem so cool or awesome without even trying, and me being a try hard, I just hate it.

5. HDIGH

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You. Are. Not. Alone.

Let me say it again.

You. Are. Not. Alone.

The most insidious thing about depression, and that's what it is(not just being a 'moping sad teen'), is how isolating it is. Nothing feels real. We put on our masks to try to fit in and it just makes us feel worse. Makes us feel like frauds.

Please, and I am begging you with literal tears in my eyes, please talk to someone. If not your friend or parents, a counselor, teacher, someone anyone. Even the EC family(which you are now a part of). I've been where you are. And I know how much it can hurt. I know those thoughts of "it would all go away if...". But those thoughts are not true. And they won't ease the pain.

Please believe it does get better even if you can't see how. Stay in touch with us here. We want to hear your story. And again,
    You. Are. NOT. Alone.

PatrickUK and Destin like this.