1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help hiding

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Guff, Sep 11, 2016.

1. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You can bring the thread to a close, but you may wish to consider using your blog for updates. At the moment your blog is set to private, so you would need to change the settings, but it might be a way of sharing your thoughts with the members who have followed and contributed to this thread over the last week or two. What do you think?

EC staff recommend the use of site blogs for personal updates.

2. Guff

Firstly I know this thread is old. But as I believe I've said already, I hate when threads don't have conclusions. And this thread is recent to me.
    So not yesterday, but the Monday before yesterday I called some suicide hotline because I wanted to kill myself. I hung up in the middle of the conversation, and went on to kill myself. They traced back my call and a police officer came into my home and stopped me.
    I than was sent to a youth mental health hospital where I spent the last 8 days cut off from the real world, wasn't even allowed to call people. My room was empty and they didn't even let me wear shoes in fear I might kill myself with the laces... LOL...
    So after some constant day to day therapy and taking some anti depressants and anti pyschaosis pills I'm finally back at home. LOL Yeah, so.. I'm so happy I'm home! Between these pills and being back I don't know how I could be sad. Literally with the pills....... So yeah I knew some people might've wanted to know what happened with me, Rather than go person to person I did it here... Worst 8 days of my life but I'm finally getting helped.

3. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Geez Guff,

Thank God, you’re o.k. I was fearing the worst when you totally disappeared from EC for so long. :tears:

Thank you very much for updating us here! We definitely want to know how you are doing!

I’m very sorry you had to go through that at the youth mental hospital.:icon_sad: But I also overjoyed that (1) you called the suicide hotline first instead of actually just attempting suicide and (2) you unknowingly found a way to go around your mother and get the help that you absolutely needed!:eusa_clap

Please use this thread to give more details about how your situation has changed, if you feel so inclined.

Regardless, we’re still here supporting you!:thumbsup:

Take Care, my friend.:slight_smile:

#103 Quantumreality, Oct 4, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
  4. Barbatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi Guff,

Really just want to reiterate what Quantumreality said. I'm sorry that you had to go through all that but I'm glad you called the suicide hotline. I really hope you get to see someone now and get some help with things.

Please do keep in touch and let us know how you are doing - just because we wait doesn't mean we aren't thinking of you, we just do this on your terms. We are all wishing that we could do more to help and are here for you whenever you need us.

Take care of yourself and know that you have friends here.

5. ABeautifulMind

Buddy, I am so happy to hear you are ok, but so distraught to hear your story...

How are you feeling now? Im really glad you reached out to the suicide hotline. Those things save lives. But I am just as happy that you now have an opportunity to get help.

How has the response been from your parents?

What have they "diagnosed" you with for the medication? Or are they just basic mood stabilizers while you set up an appointment with an outside dr?

Have you found a dr yet? If I were you, I would start out looking for your own dr... Show some initiative... In case your parents are not quite there or something on the dr thing... Show them you are definitely going to need a dr...

I am happy to hear you are better than you were, as far as your mood goes, but sometimes when people feel so terrible for so long, and then they get a temporary reprieve from it, they no longer worry about how they felt before.. In other words, you should realize that just because you feel better with the pills, does not mean your underlying issues have been taken care of. Dont fall into the trap of thinking that you are fine with just the pills.. Because the pills are kind of like cutting... The treat you like a bandaid, but if you dont get help with some of your issues, the issues will just get worse and worse until they are just as bad as before the pills...

Also, if you need to call that hotline again, dont let the police coming stop you, and make sure you remember how much better you feel having lived.... Try to keep in mind you dont want to die.. you just want to be happy... Unhappiness is a temporary condition...

Im glad to see you have come here to let us know what happened, but now I think you should go ahead and leave this thread going and keep posting here... Even if you dont feel like it, just write what you did in the day... Even if you feel better, because from what I understand you quit posting here because you felt better... And then you attempted suicide.... seems to me maybe you should keep posting here...

Remember, It gets better.

6. Guff

You're right Beautiful, things really aren't holding up.. I felt amazing yesterday but I'm kinda remembering what brought me to the hospital to begin with being back here with my parents. Now I gotta take these pills and see a Dr about medicine, See a therapist for other reasons I gotta see a Physician and a Chiropractor and my mouth hurts so I probably need a Dentist. I'm just downright falling apart.. I also kinda made everyone in my family extremely sad.
    Things still suck but they're definitely improving... Please PM me when you become a full member Beautiful... I really love talking to you because you just seem to understand..

7. ABeautifulMind

Hey, I am waiting on word about my membership now... they are backed up though...

I am super busy right now, my niece has had a few issues come up at the hospital so I have not had much time to myself.... In fact I am supposed to be going to bed now, at 720 am but its the first time I have been alone all day, and I have to get up at 1030 am to take my dad up to the hospital..

All that is to say, I may not respond as quickly as normally, but if you need anything or want me to comment on anything, just post and once I have some peace and quiet to myself I will definitely respond... As long as you dont mind it taking a little longer it really is not a burden, so dont hesitate.... If nothing else, helping you out will be a nice way to get my mind off things :wink: