1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i need advice

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by christen, Nov 6, 2020.

1. christen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    is this the right thing to post here i dont know

but i recently found out of trans (ftm) and i dont know if i should come out to my parents or no im really scared and dont know what to do

2. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    At 17 you are probably still dependent upon them. In a case where you are dependent on someone I recommend being very careful. Before you let them know about yourself you should explore their attitude about LGBT things in general and about persons who transition. If there is any risk of you not being accepted I recommend that you wait until you have a place of your own and the ability to support yourself. I myself did wait and it was essential, my parents never accepted me and had I come out while dependent upon them I would have been homeless at a young age. Living in the closet is not fun but it is better than living on the street, though admittedly both are difficult.

3. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    christen.....Hello and a great big welcome to Empty Closets! Do you have any idea how your parents feel about the LGBTQ+ Community? As you're 17 I assume that you still live at home and are dependent on your parents. If you think that they will not be supportive, then waiting to come out, while it's difficult may be your only good option. In the meantime, have you watched any FtM videos on youtube? There are quite a few that could be a real help to you. Just go to youtube and search for FtM. We're glad that you have found us here on Empty Closets...please keep us updated on how this works out. Remember...you are a part of our LGBTQ+ Family and we do care!
    .....David :gay_pride_flag: