1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Need a Bit of Advice

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by NightmareBunny8, Jul 18, 2016.

1. NightmareBunny8

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi! I need a bit of help coming out to my family as a and friends as bigender and bisexual. I really what to come out as to my dad but every time I even mention the transgender or the lgbt community he either laughs or yells at me. I'm out to only my mother (only as bigender) and she has tried to tell him but he just gets mad. So I really need help with that but moving on to coming out to friends.

I live in the "bible belt" of the USA. Most of my friends are hardcore Christians (I'm Christian as well) so most of them are transphobic and homophobic. If I come out to them I risk them not wanting to be my friend anymore. I have one friend who seems pretty chill with the transgender and lgbt community but I'm not out to them.

If I come out of the closet to my father I think it will be semi ok. He is a very nice man but I still don't know. If come out to my friends I risk losing them. If come out of the closet I risk a lot but if I stay in the closet I'll be miserable. What should I do?

2. Snoww

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Do you want to come out of the closet completely? You could tell only your friend that is more acceptant. Family-wise, I'm dealing with the same thing. I haven't actually tried having a real conversation about gays/trans people with my dad because he once said that I needed to learn what was good and what was bad ( the bad thing being what I am ). I didn't say anything to that, but I can't blame him, I'm not aware if he has any gay friends and the way he was raised explains his negative behavior towards LGBTQ+.

If you're okay with losing most of your friends and staying alone for a while ( or maybe quite a long time since you live in the ( and I quote ) "bible belt" of the USA, if you could move out of there that would be great ) then you can come out. I understand the feeling of staying closeted and how painful it is, so go on if you're prepared to face the consequences that come with it.

I wish you good luck! ^^