1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I might be Trans

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by HappyRay, Jan 3, 2021.

?

What gender do you think I am?

Poll closed Feb 14, 2021.
  1. Trans Male

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Partly Male (demiboy, boyflux ex)

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. HappyRay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think I may be Trans Masculine but I don’t know. I feel like I would be happier as a boy and kinda want to be one but sometimes I am more comfortable with they/them pronouns then he/him and at first I had thought that that meant I was boyflux but now I think I may be trans and just like he/they pronouns. I am regularly unfortable in my body and think i would have been happier having been born a male but I can realy image my self with a male part and I don’t know if this is beucase I am not fully male (unlikely) or if I just do ‘t know how to imagine it (more likely). Sorry for ranting but I relay need help. Thanks!

KennyRex likes this.
  2. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Only you can decide which label is really best for you. For myself I do not know that there is all that much difference between trans masc/demiboy/boyflux but I am binary female and all of the nonbinary identities seem similar to me. You are fortunate that you have a good support system and that your family and friends will accept whichever you do finally settle on.

My exhusband first introduced themselves to me as genderfluid and over the years changed their label from that to demiboy and also trans masculine and even trans man. Through it all their preference was either they/them or he/him pronouns (they were assigned female at birth). Also through all of that they identified as Trans or Trans*. They were interested in testosterone and top surgery but never bottom surgery, which seems similar to the position that you find yourself in.

I think that it would be fine for you to experiment with the labels and pronouns, especially given the supportive people that you have around you. I think that you will know when it feels right.

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wouldn't worry as much about labels right now. I would focus on how you feel. Sometimes, we get so distracted trying to put a label in ourselves that we forget to explore ourselves fully. It's good to remember that we can take as much time as we want to explore ourselves. Only you know how you feel, so we won't be able to tell you how to identify, that is something that with time you will figure out.

RedPilgrim and KennyRex like this.