1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I messaged the guy I like

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Totodile, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Totodile

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    On Saturday, I went out clubbing and I saw the guy I like. We used to work together and we said hello and then went out separate ways. When he was working with me, I think I only spoke to him once, so we aren't friends or anything like that.

Now, I woke up still drunk on Sunday morning and thought it would be a good idea to add him on FB and send him a message. He accepted my request, but ignored the message. The message said:

"Hey, I think we spoke last night unless it wasn't you and I was speaking to a random person lol"

It is really cringey and he still keeps in touch with some people from work. I know that he will probably tell them that I messaged him, and it will spread around the office. They know I am not the most sociable person, so me messaging him is an obvious sign that I like him.

Although I am out as bisexual, I honestly thought he did like me. He used to stare at me a lot at work, and although I didn't speak to him, he acted nervous when I was around. I don't even know what his sexuality is, so I obviously misinterpreted everything.

I am back at work tomorrow and I am dreading it :frowning2: I have enough going on atm, and this is just another thing to stress about.

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Looks completely innocuous to me. If you did meet then he would say yes and you can keep talking. If no, it gives you an excuse to chat on messenger. No "like" overtones from what I can tell. And certainly not "cringey" as it doesn't come off as awkward. What else are FB messages for if not talking to people?