1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just asked my parents about hormones.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by RoseChan00, Jun 24, 2017.

1. RoseChan00

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Or specifically, i asked my mother. It had to be through a text, but... i was able to work up the cpurage to say something.

Now... you may be thinking "Oh that's great you're taking a stwp forward!"
    Well yes but... I'm afraid i might not be able to get hormones. I don't know how my mom will respond... and if she give the "wait till your older" response, it will suck for me. I'll have to epxlain to her that alot of what i want to happen,will get it's best wffects while i'm undergoijg puberty as my body is still trying to grow, so alot of ot's effevts will be much more.prominent and faster than if i took it in my early to mid twenties versus now at 16.

But... then there's the cjance ahe will just outright say no... then there's tje chance she's fine with it but we wont have the cash...

And... i'm just afraid. Of how things will progress. Im afraid in the future i might be stuck in this icky... hair covered man body.
    I hate it.
    I don't want it.
    But it's possible i cpupd be cornered...

2. That's good you got the courage to talk to her, even if it's texts. well if she does say no, see if you can wait till you're 18, not too too far! If she does say yes, then I'm really excited for you. Hope things go well!

3. RoseChan00

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    She said yes... but... i'm at a bit of a deilemma right now, and my self-doubt ia returning. The more i search amd read abput hormonea and thwir poaitive and negatice wffects... the more anxoety i begin to feel in this excited but scared way.

Is that... normal? Is it nornal for someone who has strong feelings of being trans to still have doubta as serious as i'm having just by reading triakssks and results? I mean... it could jsut be my anxoety speaking... it could be im just anxious that i have to wait a month befor ei can speak to my therapist... (i'm currently 2 states away so unless we cpuld have a therapy appointment through a phone call... it isn't happening intil a week befor ei get back to school)

I know i want to pass as a female... i know i want live as one... but i cant help thwae feelings of doubt and anxoety...

I hope this is normal...

or else i migut juat be lying to myself..

4. EmilyB

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    it's normal, don't fret about it, she said "yes" so the hard part is over, just get to the next step and before you know it you'll be on your way to being your true self

5. skittlz

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, having doubts is normal! Being concerned about side effects is quite common actually (It's a matter of health after all), and HRT can also feel intimidating because it seems so final.

6. RoseChan00

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think i overloaded my brain with too much i formation at once on a subject so... life changing like this. I'm feeling great after having time to relax, but the main releif was getting home and putting my bras on. It actually calms me to wear them...

Hehe~

skittlz likes this.
  7. Nike007

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yay! It's good that your mom has allowed you to have HRT. One step closer I'm transitioning. Doubts are also common. But I'm sure anxiety is doing some of the work. I have anxiety disorders so it's a common occurrence for me, and completely understand and know how anxiety at least impacts me. Once you start, I feel these doubts will go away. Or even just over time. I hope that doing HRT helps you.

-Niko

8. Foxfeather

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I posted on your page before seeing this. Holy ----, you actually did it! :astonished: I don't even know how to start a conversation like tht with my parents and I'm a couple years older than you. I just always assumed I'd make a decision on top surgery and get it without telling anyone. LIke seriously. I am not even kidding. And then not even tell them I'm into women until I find a girlfriend.

9. Foxfeather

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Take your time to think about whether you wanna go through with HRT. It sultimatley your body and choice. Also you can start on lower doses to have the changes happen gradually.

10. RoseChan00

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I pla ti start on the lowest dose i can, but i may be forced to stay there depending on my insurance. I need to mention that to my mom...

11. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Heh. I sat in my truck for ten minutes when I first got my scripts, wondering if I actually wanted to go fill them even though I wanted them in the worst way. Then I stalled for an hour or two before I took my first dose. I also sat in my truck for a lot longer after they upped my dose wondering if I wanted them, despite the fact that I did. Sometimes anxiety gets in our way.

12. RoseChan00

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh... wow. Well i guwsa things turned out great for you? Uh, actually i have a question. Would i be alright if i ever came to talk to you about your experience personally?

13. Nimmer

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can't speak from personal experience when it comes to HRT, but I think having doubts and fears is absolutely normal at this point—big steps are always intimidating as well as exciting. (And it's a treatment, so it's natural to research it, look at the side effects, wonder about those and get a little worried, etc. Even with the most basic regular medication.)

Anyway — yay for the good news!

14. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They have so far yes. My wall is always open. :slight_smile:

15. RoseChan00

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I actually feel likei'm gonna fl into a suler delressive episode after reading what i did.
    Tirst off, i doubt my therapist specializes in transgender counseling or that allows them to recommend HRT
    second off, after reading it... some people got lucky and had 2 weeks before they started HRT (after getting the letter recommendthemthem)
    Some said it ktook about a year before they started.
    And now that's beinging back my major doubts of ifi'll even be able to get HRT before when i feel likit's too late. I want to start before i turn 17, IE October 20th of this year.
    The thing was i never openly exlressed these feelings for more thna a year.
    And i hadn't seen my therapist more then maybe 8 months, and it was onve every other week if even.

So i feel like i lack a good ground to get the process even going because of alot of potential issues that could arise...everytwhere... and it's causing me alot of .
    I might be overreacting but... i just don't want to feel like i missed my best window.
    i hope i can get a quick response from someone...
    but... i just have these serious doubts now if... i'll be able to get it. Or if i will before my birthday. I really hooe so but... knowing how things can be sometimes... i just have this ry bad feing i wont be making any progress for a long time.