1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have a problem

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Kalyke, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Kalyke

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I am a Lesbian attending a West Texas Bible College. My Master's degree did not work out because of an accidental breach of an unbreakable law. I was investigated, fired from my job, and that sank my career. I am now in a state where I can get a 2nd master and work as a teacher in more of a "community college" environment, or start at the beginning, get a bachelor's, and then masters in the field I LOVE.

I have had to totally hide my sexual orientation and the fact that I am basically an atheist. They know I am "non-denominational.

You see, the field I can teach in is a field I was forced into during an economic downturn in order to get a job. I hated it, did not want to do it, and it was inauthentic to my being. I got pretty much straight A's and did very well. It is okay. I can see myself doing this. I will have to pay back my Master's degree, and also my new degree whatever that is.

Argg (scream of anguish) in the meanwhile this is a tiny little town. I have met one gay person (a man) and I need a life. I want to live in a large Democratic (blue) town. How do I get there?

I have outed myself several times. I am evidently too ugly to attract a mate. No one pays attention to me. I told people I was gay years ago, and they are like "whatever." I have never had a mate. Don't know why.

My college has a branch in a few large towns. (Will not go to Texas, but will go to NM). Have 2 dogs, no job and have no money making prospects yet!!!!! What to do! Night of the dark souls! I am Batman! Someone help!

Long story short. I do not think I want to go back to a university where I was forced to hide my beliefs. I really think I should go back and get the bachelors in the 2nd skill, and then the masters. (It is not a shoe in. I have more of a chance of getting work if I stick with the plan with the Bible college).

Am I a totally horrible person? Thank you!

2. skittlz

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No! You seem cool to me! As far as finding a job, "indeed" is a website/app that can help with showing any job openings around your area. If that doesn't work, maybe selling stuff/designs of websites might help temporarily? I'm planning on selling some stuff on ebay, and I get some money from selling designs for shirts/mugs/phone cases/etc. on Zazzle.
    As far as finding somebody, there aren't many queer people who are out, so finding a compatible partner is more difficult. Maybe see if there's a LGBT center outside of the town, or try using apps geared towards dating/finding friends, particularly for LGBT+ people. You could also try going out for group activities that interest you, so it is easier to meet more people.

#2 skittlz, Jun 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2017