1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i have a huge crush on my friend and idk what to do

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by justlikeheaven, Apr 13, 2023.

1. justlikeheaven

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    the first time i saw her was on my first week of school (i moved schools earlier this year) she isnt really my usual type, she has short hair and looks pretty masc but i think she looks great the way she does.
    the first time i actually met her was a couple weeks later when i was skipping class with my friend, we were on the roof and we hung out with her. we started to hang out more, mostly with our two friends on the roof at lunch and recess and my crush on her started to grow more and more but i know not to get my hopes up because one of our friends told me that he liked the new girl in our class (theres a new girl thats only been in our school for a couple of weeks) but that he promised that he would stay away cause she also liked her. im just so confused and i have no idea what to do with my feelings.

74andHome likes this.
  2. BiGemini87

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello, @justlikeheaven. It can be really difficult navigating these feelings at the best of times, but it's especially hard when you're still young (and not straight).

I think, regardless of your crush having a crush on someone else, it wouldn't be a deal-breaker to open up to her more; maybe build up to telling her how you feel about her. But if you're not ready to do that just yet (or ever) you can always try to gauge whether those feelings are mutual. When you hang out with your crush, how does she act around you? Is it different from how she interacts with others?

It can be scary to put yourself out there, so just take your time to sort out how you feel now, and how you'd feel whether your crush likes you in the same way or not. Sometimes, our feelings just have to run their course.

74andHome likes this.
  3. 74andHome

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    "Some lights cast more than one shadow. Stand before the nightfire and you'll see for yourself. The flames shift and dance, never still. The shadows grow tall and short, and every man casts a dozen. Some are fainter than others, that's all. Well, men cast their shadows across the future as well. One shadow, or many."
    -Stannis Baratheon, "A Clash of Kings"-

This quote from ‘BiGemini87’ is so powerful! Stay with your truth and follow your dreams & your beliefs and you will end up where you belong. Patience…

4. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    justlikeheaven.....Hello and a great big LGBTQIA+ welcome to Empty Closets! :old_smile: I can remember the first post that I made on EC. I was desperate for help and I got the help that night that I so needed. I hope that we can help you in the same way that I received help. The most important thing to remember about Empty Closets is that we do care about you! We're very glad that you found us here on EC and hope that we can answer questions, give you support and provide a place to vent (as long as it's not violent!) :old_big_grin: when that becomes necessary!

*****There are 18 different sub-forums here that you can check out and join in the conversations or start your own thread/conversation. When I first joined Empty Closets I was in need of a lot of support and encouragement and I found it here…EC is a safe place. I hope that you'll find good things here too! Folks here will talk to you and share...you don't have to be afraid of asking questions...we're glad to have you! In particular you may want to check out the forum that is titled "Sexual Orientation”, there are people there who have dealt with some of the same kind of issues that could be challenging you.

Some info on how to navigate EC:
    When you have made at least 10 posts on various threads you will be able to post messages on a member's Profile Page. Just click on a member's Avatar Picture and then click on "Profile Page" in the dialogue box that pops up. You'll then be on their Profile Page and there will be a box that says: "Write Something" When you have been on EC for a few weeks and have made at least 50 posts on various forums, you can apply for Full Membership. A Full Member can send Private Messages (PM) to other Full Members and share personal contact info. Right now you can only send a PM to a Staff Member as that is always possible. Here is a quote from the Full Membership information forum: :old_cool:

*****To be eligible you must be a member of Empty Closets for a minimum of two weeks, and have a minimum of 50 posts. These posts must be across numerous forums (Fun & Games does not contribute to post count), and consistently posted across a minimum of two weeks. You wouldn't be eligible, for example, if you registered, had no activity for two weeks, and then returned to post 50 times on your 14th day of membership.

*****Well, as I said, we're very glad you found us! :old_rolleyes: If you have any questions at all, you can always send me a Private Message.

.....David :gay_pride_flag:

74andHome likes this.
  5. AnxiousReader

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I get how hard this must be. I also have a crush on my friend and I have no idea if she likes me. She’s bi but I’m too nervous to tell her that I like her even though she knows I like girls. I know it’s easier said than done, and I should prob take my own advice, but I think you should tell this girl about your feelings. The worst that could happen is she’d say she’s not interested but she might like you back! It definitely doesn’t hurt to ask as long as you’re respectful imho.

Wanderlost likes this.