1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I hate this place

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Yukiwolfx, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Yukiwolfx

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Yes, all of the rumors are true. Most people in the south are judgemental hicks.
    I can't come out to anybody. My friends that I can deal with are my friends because they aren't stupid, but I found out that a lot of them are "homophobes" that think Gay Marriage shouldn't exist because it just "sounds weird".
    Not to mention I am much more mature than even most adults here. So hanging with kids my age is just making it so much worse since most of them are stupid as well.
    So therefore, coming out to them about being gay and a furry is impossible and social suicide. I constantly stress out over this.
    I came out to my parents because of pressure they put on me. And thankfully, my brother came out years ago (he's also gay) so it wasn't as bad for me.
    I know of ONE PERSON in my ENTIRE school (of hundreds of kids, maybe almost a thousand. Not sure.) that is anything other than straight. He's gay. That or he's just joking, but he's taking the joke really far. I don't like him much though, so I don't think I would ever fall for him anyways.
    I plan on moving from here right after graduation. College can come later, personal sanity first.
    It's been driving me insane and I have over 2 years left of this hellhole. I'm just glad I have a website like this to express my thoughts on.
    If I didn't have the internet to meet more people on, I would just be isolated. Guess I'm thankful for that, but I'm borderline insane every time I go to school.
    Anyone have ideas for mental therapy that might actually help? I just want to hear suggestions and support, and I'll feel better and maybe last longer.

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A few things. First off, I'd say "gay marriage just sounds weird" is a step away from "gay marriage is disgusting". It mainly suggests unfamiliarity. If someone said a food item "sounded weird", they might not try it right away, but they'd certainly be more likely to do so than somebody who said "that's disgusting". :slight_smile: So you might be able to plant a seed in such people. "Yeah, it seemed a bit weird to me, too, when I first heard about it. But then I sort of realized that two people might be gay and still really love each other, so why shouldn't they be allowed the same rights as straights who love each other?"

Secondly, sheer odds say you're not the only other gay kid in your school. The others are probably just playing it the same way you are - quietly, for survival. And you don't have to date the other out gay kid, but it probably would be good if you were nice and showed some support for him. Going on the assumption that he IS gay (who would take a joke that far in a homophobic area?), he's spearheading a path. Hopefully making things a bit easier for any other out gay student in the school. So at least be cool to him. :slight_smile:

Thirdly, yes, take your support where you can get it. It sounds like your parents might not be amazingly supportive, but they're not actively fighting it, either. So at least thank them for that. And yes, we're always here for you. Even if some of us are more on the scaly side than the furry. :slight_smile:

Lastly, start planning now. If you want to leave the day after graduation, be sure you're able to. Where might you want to go? What sort of job might you want to get in your new town? What sort of work or classes can you do now in order to make it easier to get that job? How much money will you need? You've got two years to plan, so keep your eye on the prize and start planning. :slight_smile:

Lex

3. Motov

Above all else, do not let the homophobes get you down. They can be relentless, and very nasty, use what ever avenue you can to keep them at bay.

4. Yukiwolfx

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    @Lexington
    Thanks for the support. I should have mentioned that I tried telling them that there was nothing wrong with gays, but they just shook their head and said "Ew."
    It really sucks, being raised to believe this sort of discrimination is just.
    @Motov
    Agreed. I could cope easier if I weren't surrounded.

5. MerBear

your from south Carolina? im from north Carolina.

i never liked south Carolina , too many ignorant people there

6. castle walls

Have you ever thought about going away to go to college? That way you can combine the two. Depending on where you're from and what university you go to you can avoid paying out of state tuition. I only make this suggestion because the a lot of people that say that they'll go back to college don't end up with a degree

7. Lez

Lez

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Just wanted to lend my support!!! Hang in there.....(*hug*)(*hug*)

8. JuanJose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I completely get what you're going through, bro. (*hug*) I'm from SC too and I'm 16 and I'm in the EXACT same situation. I'm only out to one person right now and the only reason for that is that I know of one other gay in the entire school that she's friends with and I knew that she would accept me. I noticed that you're out to your family, are they conservative? How did that go?

9. MtnFr3sh

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hang in there man, South Carolina... Try Texas. I'm not out but if I were I'd loose all my friends since they're bigoted. I do know of several people in school that are gay.
    Here's my tip, if yo really think it's best, don't tell anybody at school, if one person in particular is being awful and disgusting, write an angry email or letter, but don't send it, delete it. It's a great way to vent without consequences.

PS, I'm a furry too, but that's not exactly something I plan to reveal to people since they'd just think it's gross. You seem like a nice guy, don't let the phobes get you down, try to find things to take your mind of of it, maybe join an after school club or something, you may be near people you hate, but the projects you may do will distract you from the pain.

10. Yukiwolfx

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    @Flyalone45 I heard NC is much better. I'd still rather go to California or NY.
    @CastleWalls Well my parents are majorly pushing in state college, and they don't know I'm leaving. So I can't lean on them to help me, so I guess I'll use our Scois program to help or something. I'll figure it out.
    @Lez <3 Thanks
    @JuanJose Mom cried a bit. Dad's disappointed. But they're over it. Mom's still trying to believe I still have "straight in me". I don't say anything for her own good.
    They aren't fighting it, and they're supportive. Not of me being gay, but of me just being generally happy no matter what way I go I guess. I revealed this at the beginning of last fall. Also, they don't know I'm furry and I'd rather not add that to their plate. I have enough damn problems with stress. More peer pressure from parents won't help.
    @MtnFr3sh My Bf's in Texas. I plan on moving out with him to some other state. In fact, I hate the US really, so I want to move out of the country whenever I can afford to. That's what my brother did. Also, the things that keep my mind off of school is not being there. I just like staying in my room and gaming. It's fun, actually educational (if you aren't horrifyingly addicted to CoD like everyone in my school that plays games is), and stress relieving. Living in another world is great, which is why I literally cannot live without this computer and my games.
    Also, glad to see another furry. *paw*