1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I guess you can call it xdressing

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Chubnative, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Chubnative

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I am just looking for some advice on this topic. I pretty much know that I'm gay and attracted to men.
    But something else came in and just got me a little confused is that I started wearing women's underwear. It wasn't that I wanted to be a woman or anything like that. It was that I couldn't find certain styles that I liked to wear in the men's department anymore.
    So now I wear women's underwear most of the time. Nothing too feminine they are more like the ones I used to get in the men's department.
    Now I'm wearing ladies jeans/leggings/jeggings only because I couldn't find jeans that would fit. And yes I've been to big and tall stores. And let's just say the prices are way outside my budget.
    Am I a crossdresser/ transperson, or what? Just a little confused on this.
    Okay, sorry I may have posted to wrong area.

#1 Chubnative, Nov 28, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
  2. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If you were assigned male at birth and are comfortable being male, living and presenting male (whether masculine or feminine does not matter) then you are probably best describes as Cis and not Trans.

As far as cross dressing, just my opinion, wearing only underwear or wearing jeans simply does not really qualify. You do not seem to be doing it as a fetish or in order to present in a feminine manner specifically so I don't think it needs to be called cross dressing. You are just comfortable wearing what you wear.

I am a little confused about the fact that you have checked "big and tall" stores (I am assuming you mean for stereotypically male clothes) and yet you find it easier and cheaper to get womens clothes that fit you. I have always found womens clothes to tend to be smaller than mens and to be far more expensive (though not too difficult for me to find as I am a fairly small person).

3. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds like you just prefer some items of clothing usually found in the women’s section! I have a female friend that prefers the look and fit of some ‘men’s’ clothes.

Trans people don’t just wear different clothes, they feel fundamentally inside that their gender doesn’t line up with the gender they may have been assigned.

I’m not an expert on the textbook definition of cross-dressing, but I think dividing clothing in to exclusively men and women’s is a bit arbitrary. Many people have worn clothes that aren’t technically designed for their gender.

QuietPeace likes this.
  4. Chubnative

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks for responding. I'm a person that really don't like labels and yes, I had to laugh at myself for asking a question about what to label me.
    About the men's big and tall stores I went to, I found my size and could only afford one pair of pants compared to the the store I usually shop at. I bought three pairs of pants for the price of the pants at the b&t store. And plus size has become words in my lexicon.

5. out2019

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Remember a lot of 'women's styles - knee high boots, tights/leggings, heals - all started as men's clothing. Women's clothing usually has a ton more style options too.

6. JessNC

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm curious about what kind of "certain styles" you had to look for in women's underwear. I started wearing femme and sexy men's underwear because they made me feel different. I needed that part of my attire to meet a new need(s) and, to be honest, it has taken me some time to identify and unpack that need or needs. I think using a trans or crossing label to explore your needs may be important for you (its not the label that matters but the framing or understanding a label suggests that can help) but I wouldn't worry about getting it "right" too soon if ever. So I would say that "needing" to buy and wear women's underwear says something but I would explore the "why" more than the labeling.

7. Tymee

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi, I love wearing women's underwear (everyday) and I do paint my nails. I do not consider myself as a crossdresser or trans. I consider myself as a feminine gay.