1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I found a real life gay that is not me.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ShiftyExtreme, Sep 18, 2018.

1. ShiftyExtreme

So recently my friend asked me if I was gay and I said yes because I couldn't really say otherwise. So turns out he has a friend that is also gay from a different school. I found out both of these in the same day and its a bit much for me, but I followed the guy on instagram anyways. Next thing I know he follows me, he begins talking to me and I start talking too, but then I got really stressed out and told him id talk to him later. After thinking about that events that followed I went into a shutdown and curled up in my bed for a bit. After cooling down for a while I started writing this because I don't know what to do because I have never known other gay people that are even remotely close to me, but he's in the same town as me and I think he's cute, but I don't think I'm very attractive and I have body issues and I don't think I can ask him out directly because it seems too direct and AHHHHHHH

Miss Kitty and Limiteded like this.
  2. smurf

Haha deep breaths! You got this!

Yay for the new exciting and terrifying feeling. I'm glad you both were able to connect

So what to do now? Take it one step at a time. Don't worry about whether you are cute enough, if this is the start of a fairy-tale etc. Just get to know him as a person. See if you all three can hang out if that makes you less nervous.

Even if you don't date him, how cool would it be to have a gay friend who can be there for you for anything else? That sounds amazing.

Enjoy the feeling :slight_smile:

Drizzle, ShiftyExtreme and tystnad like this.
  3. ShiftyExtreme

So, holy buns. I just had a good ass conversation with him, and then he asked if I wanted to hang out sometime. AND I WUOEGBWIUGWBUOIWE$GBWGO*UWIUYBWEIGUWEUIGWIUG. Then said yes. Thank god he couldnt see my face during that moment because I was shaking intensely. What I've found out about him is that he says "fabulous" a lot. He actually likes my jokes, and yes. Im planning on analyzing his traits and seeing if I can spring the question, and Right now I'm mentally preparing myself for all possible outcomes.

Drizzle likes this.
  4. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe it's too stereotypical, but I've pretty much never heard a straight guy say the word fabulous and gay guys say it a lot. They seem to use more complex language for some reason like fantastic, marvelous, stunning etc. while straight guys say basic things like cool, nice, cute. That alone would strongly set off my gaydar.

ShiftyExtreme likes this.
  5. ShiftyExtreme

Ha ha, well his instagram profile bio says "[Rainbow Emojii] Gay [Rainbow Emoji]" so I don't have to worry about that. Though you do make some wierdly accurate points.

Anyways, I'm just really nervous about how I'll present myself.

Destin likes this.
  6. Rade

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wishing you loads of luck and hope it works out for you.....your confidence will come with time....enjoy....perhaps love could be coming your way....and if it all works out don't forget we are all coming to the wedding!!! LOL ...keep smiling....

Limiteded and ShiftyExtreme like this.
  7. ShiftyExtreme

We're gonna go to my nearest Tim Hortons tomorrow.
    Anything I should expect?

8. Rade

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just keep calm, try and relax and be you . We all deserve a chance at happiness. If love us not in the air you could still make a good friend. In the gay world good friends are like gold dust so hang on in their. Home exciting....
    Rade