1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I finally said it out loud to him

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Butterfly2016, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Butterfly2016

Big update: About a month ago I finally sat my husband down and said it right to his face. I told him I'm gay. Of course his answer was he always knew. His reaction later in the day was exactly what I expected. He was silent and didn't really wanna deal with me. He came around though. And he still cares about me. Thats special to me. So now its all good. The hard part is over. Now I just have to get myself together so I can let him go be happy if thats what he wants. Easier said than done..

2. Cocolo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I dont know your back story but congrats on coming out to your husband. It always kinda floors me how it seems like everyone else seems to know but us.

3. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, Butterfly2016, Congratulations!:thumbsup: You have to be who you are!

It is truly sad when events in our lives result in any degree of pain to those closest to us, but, ultimately, we have to be who we in order to achieve our own happiness, and we can't be deterred by potentially causing some shock or pain to the closest ones around us.

Still, a step forward is a step forward. In our own lives. And, in the longrun, in the lives of those upon whom we have influence.

#3 Quantumreality, Apr 3, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2017